cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

service not working properly

meg123
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi,

I just set up a phone for my kid and we did transfer the number over from another provider. He did get a message from the provider and he typed YES for the switch. his service ended immediately.It took a bit but is now connected to the network. However, he is only recieving some calls and texts. I myself cannot call him or text him. it gives me the error message 5uc2 this caller cannot recieve incoming calls BUT he can from some people. When he makes a call it says no caller id and he can call and text me but I can't call him.  Also, his data is not working. He can't connect to the internet. Is there anything I have to do on my end with his phone? It says public mobile in the top corner so I thought it was connected. Thanks

11 REPLIES 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

@meg123 : For future readers...which part? Cleaning/re-seating SIM? Setting 3G? Restarting? Contacting mods?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Love to hear your service is working

your welcome to public mobile

with a Beautiful Service

you will be very happy

Good Luck

meg123

Thank you this completely worked!!! MUAH

@meg123   

from another member who got a response from mod:  - looks like it's a nationwide issue with account creation but should be solved within 24 hours.  

Anonymous
Not applicable

can you do try reseat the SIM card

1.power off your device

2.take out the SIM card,

3.wipe it clean SIM card,

4.put it back and power on,

5.toggling airplane mode off/on,  

it happened sometime you know, A normal reboot without reset, didn't work. At least try it,

only work after reseating the SIM card.

can you try it selecting the network to "3G ONLY"

for iPhone visit HERE 

or HERE 

for android visit HERE ,

what is mean for Rebooting the phone means to turn off your phone and turn it back on.

if you still not working you have to Submit a ticket to customer service by Moderator Team,

Only one way to solve your issue , explanation to customer service by Moderator Team

and the are nice service Team the will help you 100%.

Here’s how to contact customer service by Moderator Team,

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click HERE to get started.
  • or you can send a private message to Moderator Team  by Click HERE
  • You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

• please include in your message,
  • your account number,
  • your phone number,
  • your account 4 digit pin,
  • explanation to them nice Team and nice service.

Good Luck

iphone might need to have the carrier profile updated.. 

try:

1. Insert new working SIM - do not turn phone on (if SIM is already in, turn off)
2. Connect to computer with USB cable.
3. Start iTunes if it doesn't auto run
4. iPhone will switch on. Wait until iTunes registers it and checks for updates
5. Install the carrier profile update (if offered, if not, go to step 6)
6. Disconnect and restart.

no data still.. what kind of phone is that? iphone?

meg123

it was from telus. iphone 8

meg123

we were with telus. I haven't switched over yet as i just want to see it works out smoothly for my kid.I just don't understand why he can recieve calls from other people but I can't call him or text him. we will wait longer and see if it changes. plus he has no data still. hopefully it is just a short issue switching over

Anonymous
Not applicable

@meg123 : Which provider was the number transferred from? What make/model/submodel is the phone? For data, you'll likely need to set up the APN settings.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@meg123  this is normal when porting.  Some smaller providers (VoIP like Fongo, Textnow, etc) will take longer to know your "new home" (new provider) . It might take them as many as 2 or 3 days to route the calls correctly.  Even for big provider like Rogers , it could take an hour.

For day, try reboot your phone once again, or another time in an hour.  As long as calls from big providers come through , the other will eventually comes 

Need Help? Let's chat.