cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

reason for auto-payment rewards

harleen
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I wanted to know why public mobile is offering 2$ off when a person chooses autopayment. It's been 2 years since I am with Public mobile and this question always raises in my mind that why the public mobile offers 2$ off.

the reason might be because we are trusting PM with our credit or debit card information. is this is the reason that we are trusting them with credit or debit card information and in return, they offer 2$ off?

I known 2$ is not a lot but still, it makes a difference. 

12 REPLIES 12

Smmontmi
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

its for customer loyaty

harleen

I see... thanks for response.. 

harleen

Yes, u are right, PM offers a lot. now I only need a call and unlimited text so I choose 25$ plan...PM is amazing as far as I know. 

@gpixel wrote:

@Anonymous yeah, that's what I meant by perks(freebies/rollover add-on/glitches 👍etc.) public offers all the basic features one would need. I don't think lucky even offers call forwarding. not sure about chatr?

Chatr plans do have call forwarding.

@Anonymous yeah, that's what I meant by perks(freebies/rollover add-on/glitches 👍etc.) public offers all the basic features one would need. I don't think lucky even offers call forwarding. not sure about chatr?

lucky offers esim(iPhone and pixel series only), free wifi calling( if this works with the unlimited data, that would be a big plus) 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@gpixel wrote:

@harleen the $2 reward is one of the attractions. it's part of their rewards program. the rewards and the perks we receive are the the only things pm has over lucky and chatr

I disagree. I prefer the lower price plans.
Lucky has 100 minutes total whereas PM has unlimited incoming with 100 minutes outgoing.
They also don't allow adding data to the 250MB whereas PM lets you buy all you want. But I'll give Lucky the way-throttled data overage.

Chatr has overages whereas PM does not.
Their add-ons only last until the next renewal whereas PM last until consumed. But I'll give Chatr the way-throttled (even slower than Lucky) data overage.

And yeah...no sign of rewards for anything.

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@harleen the $2 reward is one of the attractions. it's part of their rewards program. the rewards and the perks we receive are the the only things pm has over lucky and chatr

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@harleen   I liked the way you wrote it. 

We're trusting them. 

And they're trusting that we'll continue to trust them.

So they throw in a little reward to show their appreciation. 

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@harleen wrote:

I wanted to know why public mobile is offering 2$ off when a person chooses autopayment. It's been 2 years since I am with Public mobile and this question always raises in my mind that why the public mobile offers 2$ off.

the reason might be because we are trusting PM with our credit or debit card information. is this is the reason that we are trusting them with credit or debit card information and in return, they offer 2$ off?

I known 2$ is not a lot but still, it makes a difference. 

I think with PM being a prepaid no-contract provider like others has said it will help customers make that commitment and hopefully make the payment system easier.  Now we just need autopay to be more reliable.  People forget payment dates especially when it is ever-changing like PM is with a 30-day plan instead of a set monthly date.  Without autopay, these people would be without service because it isn't like post paid where you would just be charged a late fee or have your overdue amount carried oer to the next month.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

Hi @harleen .

I would say it provides a small incentive to increase the level of certainty for both the customer and the company towards continued business.

It removes the hassle of users having to remember to add funds.   It also minimizes interactions between the user and the company (thus keeping costs down for all) towards reinstating plans that have recently expired because insufficient funds were available to renew the plan.

All in all, it just keeps plans active with little to no user or company involvement.

I think we're all grateful that a company "rewards" us for something which makes life easier.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

I don't know that it is such a big deal providing a credit card to pay for the renewals.  With post paid, it is pretty much mandatory.  I believe autopay drives loyalty where those who enable it are very likely to renew whereas those who do not use it may allow their account to lapse into suspension from time to time.  We see it in the community where suspended accounts may run into issues with reactivation.  So there is a cost to support restarting these accounts.  Overall, I think Public Mobile benefits even though it costs them $2 every renewal.  

@harleen There's likely some research that the carriers have that say that customers who set this up are more likely to remain customers.

Need Help? Let's chat.