cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

reaching my data limit

featherland
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello everyone,

I was just wondering if PM would pause my data when I reached 100% of my monthly data limit like Koodo does so I dont end up having unexpected data charges? I have been notified at 75% and 90% which is nice (and thanks PM), and I am close to being at 100%. Pausing data and let me choose if I want to add more at 100% would really be helpful, isnt it?

Thanks in advance

9 REPLIES 9

Nsk143
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville
Recommend download data witness or my data management for data usage works pretty good.

@featherland wrote:

So it does stop when it is at 100% and there is no data overage charges. Thanks guys.

FYI, the link below is what I just read.  

http://www.cbc.ca/news/business/bell-rogers-wireless-data-overage-fee-1.4195410

isnt this rediculous?

Also, a lot of the bigger carriers in the U.S. are having unlimited cellphone plans now and a friend of mine from the US was just here last week and he was using his data plan and text here in Canada without any additional charges. I was shocked. Not saying that we should match them but are we really that far behind in technology? just a thought.

No we are just lacking the competition of companies providing the services to drop the prices.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité
It is recomwnded to get a data tracking app like my data manager. It tracks over 90 days.

Beware of data usage because it is over 90 days(if on 90 day plan) and you could accedently use all your data on day one and be without data for the next 89 days.

Raven_Jet
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle
Yes once you reach your limit, you will no longer have data to use. If you'd like you can purchase an addon.

featherland
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

So it does stop when it is at 100% and there is no data overage charges. Thanks guys.

FYI, the link below is what I just read.  

http://www.cbc.ca/news/business/bell-rogers-wireless-data-overage-fee-1.4195410

isnt this rediculous?

Also, a lot of the bigger carriers in the U.S. are having unlimited cellphone plans now and a friend of mine from the US was just here last week and he was using his data plan and text here in Canada without any additional charges. I was shocked. Not saying that we should match them but are we really that far behind in technology? just a thought.

Pier
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@featherland

No need to be worried..... once you reach your 100% of data used, you won't get data at all nor overcharged. In this case, if you wanna have data, you can purchase more or you wait until your next circle. 

Just relax...

mimmo
An extra gig will cost 30$ rogets and bell now charging 70$

Nsk143
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville
Once you used up. Then you do have a option to buy extra data add on.

mimmo
There is no overage. Once it is used up data just stops. Its prepaid... So you cant go over.
Need Help? Let's chat.