cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

problem with my smsc #

theeon91
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

hello everyone. I have a lg k4 phone that is greyed out for changing the smsc number in the text settings. and it is lock in the *#*#4636#*#* for phone info where you can change it in most phones. I can tell it is the smsc number because I can't send texts. plus it was supposed to be the carriers network server number and not your own. nothing can help me on my side not unless if someone has a trick up their sleeves? another thing that can help me is a moderator but I have not been contacted since I got the bloody thing. the messages were not sending since I got it. can make/recieve calls and recieve text. I just simply need a moderator to simply change that number for me or give me a new sim card to fix it. because I know for a fact that the smsc is supposed to be the telus #. THANK YOU!!!

3 REPLIES 3

theeon91
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Resetting network option did not work sadly. I believe from past phone tinkering days smsc aka message center service, service messages is in the sim itself. Even if the phone back in flip phone days had the smsc option available to change even if its lock to carriers.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@theeon91, from what I know, this number is taken from the SIM card.  I know that certain carrier brands like LG have a network reset feature which clears information from past carrier networks the phone could have been used on.  I suggest doing this and see if that resolves the problem. 

Effort
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

For the LG K4 in particular, it is located in your messaging app settings. Under advanced settings you should see more -> text messaging -> service center number. Tap it and set it to 16475800172

Need Help? Let's chat.