cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

porting number to Fongo

jonalavi
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Good day,

I am looking at a way to keep my number active for the next 3 years that I will be in Europe. I believe that I can achieve this using Fongo, but I want to know when should I do it? Should I do it now, if so what happen to my PM account if there is no number attached to it (would keep paying to have access to data if possible) or should I wait to the last minute and just close my PM account.

My final goal is to not have to change all my verification phone numbers to a European number, some of the service that I have would not accept EU numbers.

Not sure I am very clear, if you have question send them and I'll do my best to reply.

2 REPLIES 2

ezl007
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@jonalavi   be aware, fongo SMS is not that reliable, you are taking a chance of using it for verification purposes.  

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@jonalavi , once you port out your number, the account will close.  As for using this service in Europe, it is not possible.  Public Mobile only offers roaming in the US.  It sounds like your best bet is to transfer to a carrier that allows you to continue to use your current number if that is your need.

Need Help? Let's chat.