cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

porting issue

rjtstone
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

wal mart made a mistake porting my  virgin number .now I can't cancell my virgin account..They say its in limbo.tryed to contact moderator for two  days Any ideas?

12 REPLIES 12

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

All fido needs from you to port is a valid number(what ever your current number is) and your public mobile account number.

Kolisz85
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi,

Im changing my provider and wanted to use the same number , called Fido and they said i need to have an original phone number , how can i find my the phone number which belong to my PM sim card. 

Thanks

dmss1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thanks for your time to explain this....   I know that it is now , no longer active with freedom mobile..  When a phone number is invested in a business, this situation can be very upsetting..  Especially when you the consumer did everything as instructed.

thanks again

@dmss1 wrote:
My 647-###-#### number was replaced with 437-###-#### without my request as they were having problems porting my number for two weeks
Through Public Mobile Refer-a-Friend Reward program, I signed up with Public Mobile where both my phone and my referral's phone were credited.
I then referred the rest of my family's phones where my phone and their phones were then also credited through the Public Mobile referral program.
My phone was not ported properly and I've now lost my number without consent.
They are blaming my last provider and not admitting fault when my PM acct was active with my 647# for 13 days with outgoing calls only..  They still won'y accept fault..Because of my business, I am still hoping to get back my #.  Any advice?

When your phone number was only working for outgoing calls (especially after 2 weeks), that means that the number porting request failed.  When that happens, Public Mobile doesn't have a choice but to change your number on you.  When a porting request fails, they cannot let you continue to use the phone number on the Public Mobile account because the number would still be active at another carrier.

As for fault, Public Mobile could very well be telling you truth, or they may be mistaken.  Either way, blaming one company or another doesn't help to get your phone number transfered to Public Mobile.  What you need to do is check to see if your phone number is still working at your old carrier.  If the number is still active at your old carrier, this means that the originating carrier rejected your request to port it over to Public Mobile.  This usually happens when incorrect account information is provided with the request.

If your number is still working at your old carrier, you can continue to use the service there until everything is sorted out.  Please note that during that time, that carrier will continue to bill you, and all incoming calls and text messages will continue to go there.

What you need to do is to make sure that the service is still working at your old carrier.  It must still be active to transfer over the phone number.  Then, make sure you have your account number for that old carrier.  You'll need that to submit another phone number portability request.  Once you have double-checked that information, contact the moderators and have to them submit another nubmer porting request on your behealf to the old provider.

dmss1
My 647-###-#### number was replaced with 437-###-#### without my request as they were having problems porting my number for two weeks
Through Public Mobile Refer-a-Friend Reward program, I signed up with Public Mobile where both my phone and my referral's phone were credited.
I then referred the rest of my family's phones where my phone and their phones were then also credited through the Public Mobile referral program.
My phone was not ported properly and I've now lost my number without consent.
They are blaming my last provider and not admitting fault when my PM acct was active with my 647# for 13 days with outgoing calls only..  They still won'y accept fault..Because of my business, I am still hoping to get back my #.  Any advice?

dmss1

The old company was Freedom Mobile.. Yes, I did reboot the phones..

I am not tech savy and I am not sure how this emailing works...  I am not sure if you are a moderator or how to contact the moderator other by the link you sent above...   I will try the link...  Thanks again

dna2016
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@dmss1, if you competed a port (i.e. brought a phone number over from another provider), then I have been hearing some issues over the last week.  If that's the case then just message a MOD and provide all the details of each account/phone number.  I'd say once ou message a MOD it'll take about 48-72 hours for them to get to you, as I believe they are dealing with a number of requests these days.  Once a MOD reaches out to you it can generally take less than a day to work.  My experience was within 3 hours of the MOD advising of what they will do, it started working.  

dna2016
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@rjtstone, ummmm no, it won;t take a week to hear from a Moderator, I'm sure they have SLA's in place, I don't think I've ever heard of someone waiting for a week.  All the big promos have ended, so things might be getting back to normal, but I have been hearing some service related issues lately, I'd say from 48-72 hours is the current SLA, definitely not a week.  If that was the case I doubt anyone would stick around.

@dmss1

Sorry to hear about your troubles.  When did you port over?  Which old phone company?  It usually takes 2-4 hours to port over, but with landlines or VOIP, can be several days.  You may want to reboot your phone.  

Otherwise, you may have an incomplete port and need to contact moderator.  Unfortunately, since they are very busy, it may take a few days to resolve issues.  

Here is instructions to contact moderator:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Updated-How-to-Contact-our-Community-M...

Recommendation:  do not send multiple message to moderators.  Each new message will put you further down the job list.  

Or just send a private message through the following link :
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Please include in the private message your account number and PIN code.

dmss1

Three of the four phones are not working after bringing my service to Public Mobile..  I am not tech savy and not having the ass istance if so frustrating for me.  Of the four, the one registered last works fine, but the other three has no incoming calls and no texting.

I can access each account online okay but no service.  Can I be assisted by anyone please?

Thanks

Wonder_why
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

May be a week or more

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

The moderator team workload is pretty high in recent times.  Turn around time is in the order of 48 hours.  You should be hearing from them soon.

Need Help? Let's chat.