cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

porting a TELUS number

Ava1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Could you let me know how you did that? I have been trying but it's not working for me.

Thanks!

5 REPLIES 5

Alex85
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Try messaging a moderator. They are very helpful!

dhandel
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello.  During the sign up process you provide your name, address, email, choose a PIN # etc.  Then you provide the serial number of the Public Mobile SIM card which you must purchase at a store or online.  You are then asked if you want to port your present number.  If so you must type the phone number and the account number from the provider.  The phone number you want to transfer must be active with the other provider.  I entered my Telus number and then the account number which was on my bill.  I then choose a plan and entered my credit card info.  Once it was done I immediately received an email from Telus that my service was cancelled.  I then turned of my phone, removed the Telus SIM card, inserted the Public Mobile SIM card, and turned it on.  I immediately received a text from Public Mobile at my number thanking me for activating.  It turn only a few  minutes.  One reason it may have worked so quickly is that Public Mobile is a part of Telus.  Transferrring from other providers may take longer.  I did have to set up my voicemail again but the prompts made it quite easy.  Good luck!

Alex888
Mayor / Maire
You have to make sure that the name and address on both accounts (Telus and PM) are identical, including capitals, ect.

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

This post has been moved from an old topic for better visibility. 

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@Ava1

Tell us more about your situation.  Have you tried to port yet?  activated new line?  from which company, etc.  The more information that is provided, then the community can try to help you.  If we can't help resolve the issue, you may need to contact moderator.  

Need Help? Let's chat.