cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

phone inactive

cwadood
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am switching to Telus (because of my work offering to put me on their corporate plan), and requested to port my number. I did NOT cancel my account with PM, however, my account is now inactive and my phone line says it is not in service. I have contacted Telus and they have informed me that they have NOT ported my number over yet and that the issue is with PM.   

please advise!

8 REPLIES 8

I submitted a message this morning a few minutes before 9 Toronto time.  Had a response already by 10:30.

Shouldn't be too long today it appears.

PJC
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

The moderators are generally pretty quick during work hours, you should be taken care of in no time!

closng
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@cwadood,

It seems that this may be something totally unrelated to the port, it may just be a glitch in the renewal of your account for the next three months.

In any case, the Moderators will be able to assist you. It typically takes the Moderators a few hours to get back, depending on how busy they are.

cwadood
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

yes @stonechucker, I had just recently paid for the next 3 months of service on my plan before I got approved to be on the corporate plan, should have been good until February. The company was going to send me a phone (which has not arrived yet) and then I would call them to process the port, but my account went inactive as of last night (before requesting the port to go through and before getting my new phone). @CS_Agent I have sent you guys a private message. 

anyone know how long they generally take to get back to you? 

Did you still have remaining time when the port was requested?  If the plan was already inactive prior to the port request, it would not be available for porting.

Your PM account must be Active (ie in service with at least 1 base plan option) to allow a port out request.

pakmode

That's strange, there have been some issues in the past but hopefully this is resolved for you soon OP. 

Taekgun

@cwadood

It could be that a port hold has been placed on the account.  You will need to get in contact with the moderator team to clarify.

Send them a private message using this link: @CS_Agent, provide them with your name, account number and an explanation of the issue and they will be able to look into the matter for you.

closng

Hi @cwadood,

The PM account should automatically be cancelled once your number was ported out to Telus. Seems odd to me that your account is inactive without having the port go through.

I would recommend you to send a message to the Moderators with your account details and issue and they will be able to help you look into this further:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.