cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

number transfer issue

konnormorrell
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

i went to transfer my phone number to an old inactive one but now i can’t receive messages from either the original one i started with or the old one i was trying to transfer, my phone settings also say my phone number is the same as before the transfer and isn’t changeable, is there a wait time or anything i have to do to fix this issue? can i cancel the number change????

12 REPLIES 12

@konnormorrell 

Once your account with Lucky is inactive the number will be returned to the carrier you got the number from. I assume you originally got the number from Lucky.

Self solution removed

u have it turned around i was taking my inactive number from lucky and trying to port it over to my currently active public mobile account 

i found a fairly simple solution, i just had to go on the app and get a complete new number, i may have lost whatever was attached to my original but i’m sure i can recover my other accounts if need be from 2 factor authentication issues with the new number

@konnormorrell 

As your Lucky service isn't active, there isn't any need to cancel the number porting request.  The number transfer will automatically fail.

I'm confused as you stated that you were portimg to an inactive service. Is your Public Mobile service active?   If your Public Mobile service is working for outgoing phone calls and you no longer have any desire to transfer the phone number from Lucky Mobile, you can log into your Public Mobile self serve account and perform a phone number change.

OK. So you have a new public mobile account correct? If so, you'd get a temporary number. If your port didn't work from Lucky, it should still be with them. Active numbers can't be placed on inactive accounts. 

So, make sure you have an active account and if you still need help, you can reach to a CS Agent.

To submit a ticket with CS Agent using this Chatbot link

https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html 

Type Customer Service and follow the prompts. If you are having any issues, here is a direct link by sending a private message

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437  

okay so i started with lucky mobile like a year ago and that number has since been inactive, i didn’t know i needed an active account to transfer the number and i had proceeded with the information i could gather and it let me change my number. im now stuck in a void where i can’t use either number because in my phone it’s set to the original public mobile number and through public mobile it’s saying i have a completely different number so i can’t do anything

Ok, can you share more details here because I'm still not sure what you've done. 

okay but since i didn’t know that and the process was already started is it possible to change back to my original public mobile number

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Hey @konnormorrell 

If you're trying to port your phone number TOO public mobile then you need an active account. If you're trying to port your number FROM PM to another provider, your account still needs to be active.

is there a way i can cancel the process because it already let me do everything

Sorry but a phone number cannot be ported into a closed or inactive account.

Need Help? Let's chat.