cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

no service

scapper1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi all I just added a voucher to my account yesterday , I was out of time for at the most 5 days  my account says active but it seems that my sim card isn't working phone doesn't recoginize  it I have reset  and not picking it up Can a sim just stop working? I used this phone to call in my voucher but now I can't 

12 REPLIES 12

scapper1

A moderator was able to change the sim back  I now have my access restored and changed passwords and security  

thanks for all your responses and advice

Contact moderators they will revert it

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

In the meantime report it stolen change your password, change your security question, change your name on file, call your bank and remove your number for banking temporarily, if there are any suspicious activities dispute them, check that no new accounts are open in your name.

scapper1

no error message, sim card status is out of service but does show current phone number   I can acces my profile

Anonymous
Not applicable

@scapper1 wrote:

the last 4 digits are different

And the company is aiding and abetting it by not doing anything to defend against it.

Suspend your service and change the password.

Then check all your online access to all your financial dealings. Now. Hurry. Crooks act fast.

@scapper1 someone is commiting fraud. contact customer support mods

click on the question mark chat bubble to the bottom right of your screen
type "security or identity fraud issue"
(use the chat bubble options, then click "submit a ticket, click me" option)
*login using your community account

make sure to check your inbox(top right corner envelope icon) periodically, for a response

scapper1

the last 4 digits are different

@Mattredwingsfan wrote:

It can sometimes take up to 24 hours for the voucher to be activated.

Cheers,

The customer has already added the voucher to the Public Mobile account. If it wasn't activated, the system wouldn't have accepted it.

@scapper1  

What do you mean by that the sim isn't recognized. Is your phone showing any error message? Is it showing no signal or are call just not going through?

Login to your selfserve, you don't need to have the access to the phone to change the sim card number. If it's different you have a serious problem and will need to talk to moderators, they are able to revert back to your sim, but you need to change password and security question since they most likely know your password and they can read security answer. You could also change your name in file so they cannot port your number.

If you can't access your account they may have already done that.

Call your number from home phone and see what happens.

Also check your bank and PayPal accounts

scapper1

i dialedd 611 yesterday to to add voucher  today no service phone has not been out of my hands

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

@scapper1 

Can you even get to 611 

What happens when you call 611

Check the last 4 digits of your sim card against the sim card in your account.

If it's different report phone stolen contact moderators, change your password and security question

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 

Mattredwingsfan
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

It can sometimes take up to 24 hours for the voucher to be activated.

Cheers,

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Try rebooting your phone.  Is there a reactive button when you log into your account ?  Also try removing and reinstalling your sim.  If you have another phone then try swapping the sim. If you still need assistance then submit a ticket to a moderator by clicking on the question mark on the bottom right corner.

Need Help? Let's chat.