cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

no network

Kp1003
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

hello,

i bought a pbulic sim 2 days ago. My account shows active. I chosen and paid for the plan but there is no netwrok in my phone.I have tried all possible outcomes and searched on phone. I have trried resetting and changing the APN and preffered netwroks.Please kindly help me. I am not able to contact anyone from past 2 days.in desperate help.

16 REPLIES 16

darcygibbs

@wetcoaster wrote:

@darcygibbs wrote:

If you're having too much trouble trying to diagnose the issue yourself - I advise to just pop by one of the mobile botiques in your local shopping mall - Telus or the guys at WOW should be able to help you.

Personally, I set up my plan at The Mobile Shop inside Real Canadian Superstore and they were super helpful with everything including porting my number from Freedom and getting my 30 days free promo. Check in there if all else fails.

@darcygibbs

Please be aware that any of those options you mentioned are just selling / activating the phone plans. There is only one way to reach Public Mobile customer service for help with account related issues: through private message to the moderator team on this board.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/How-to-Get-Help/ta-p/251745

Hey there,

My belief is that the issues he's experiencing are more likely to be device related rather than related to his actual Public Mobile account. I think someone with more technical knowledge could help troubleshoot it in person.

-Darcy

Kp1003

i dont think its account related problem since my account says active, Maybe some error is thru their side.

But thanks for the help. Much appreciated

@darcygibbs wrote:

If you're having too much trouble trying to diagnose the issue yourself - I advise to just pop by one of the mobile botiques in your local shopping mall - Telus or the guys at WOW should be able to help you.

Personally, I set up my plan at The Mobile Shop inside Real Canadian Superstore and they were super helpful with everything including porting my number from Freedom and getting my 30 days free promo. Check in there if all else fails.

@darcygibbs

Please be aware that any of those options you mentioned are just selling / activating the phone plans. There is only one way to reach Public Mobile customer service for help with account related issues: through private message to the moderator team on this board.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/How-to-Get-Help/ta-p/251745

Kp1003

i tried using my friends phone,its still not qorking. it says sim not registered

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité
@Kp1003 do you have an old phone or friends that you can pop your dim into or try their sim in your phone? This will help isolate hardware vs account issues.

darcygibbs

Kp1003

i am not sure which preffered network to chose.Please help me in this

Kp1003

I tried to select various networks to see if its work. I dont knoq whats the probem. is it my sim or they didnt ctivate it

Kp1003

i did check on the site.So it does support 3g and 4 LTE

mimmo

have you checked out willmyphonework.net

i have a sneaky suspission that not all the bands are supported.

If it worked with oodo it will work with PM . have you tried selecting a different network?

Kp1003

i earlier had koodos and it was working

my phone is unlocked and its redme note 5 pro . it has compatiblity with public mobile

Kp1003

my phone was unlocked and i tried my sim on a friend's phone Samsung S9 still no networks

Kp1003

i have redmi note pro 5 and prefered network is TD-SCDMA/UMTS

iguy416

Agree that you must first make sure the phone is able to work on any network. Was it working well on another network before you bought the public Mobile SIM card? Are you certain it's not blacklisted? Is it locked to a previous provider? What is the make and model of the phone?

@mimmo wrote:

@Kp1003  lets strat with what phone you are you are using?  what netwrork was it on before?

No offense, @mimmo.... But.... @Kp1003, how can this be the solution to your problem???

If you answer those questions we might be able to help sort it out. But there is not enough information in your initial post...

Here are a few of mine:

- Is your phone locked to your previous provider? (some brands, like Samsung, are known to lock their unlocked devices to the first SIM inserted, so just because it was sold unlocked a phone doesn't necessarily remain that way.)

- Have you tried the active SIM card in another unlocked phone?

mimmo

@Kp1003  lets strat with what phone you are you are using?  what netwrork was it on before?

Need Help? Let's chat.