cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

network unavailable

RoySun
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My phone work fine, but can not access internet using cell data. There is no any change on my phone and used to be working fine. It happened since couple of days ago. Appreciated if anybody could help.

Roy

19 REPLIES 19

Mitch1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

For troubleshooting the no internet problem check your devices "access point names" setting . 

Found here :

Note: The location of these setting may vary depending on which version of Android you are using. Generally Access Point Names (APN) settings are under Settings > Connections (or Network & Internet) > Mobile Network > Advanced. After you go to “ Access Point Names ”, Press ADD to add new APN.

It should read like this 

Name: Public Mobile
APN: sp.mb.com
Proxy: Leave blank
Port: Leave blank
Username: Leave blank
Password: Leave blank
Server: Leave blank
MMSC: http://aliasredirect.net/proxy/mb/mmsc
MMSC proxy: 74.49.0.18
MMS port: 80
MCC: 302
MNC: 220
Authentication type: Leave blank
APN type: Leave blank

@Ivasofya wrote:

Usually it cuts off like that when you've used up all your data. I am assuming you tried the basic thing like set phone to airplane mode for a minute and turn the cellular back on, restart your phone etc. someimes my phones need s a bit of a boost like that when data stops working. 

This issue was solved a couple days ago. In this case, it  apeears to have been an APN setting issue.

Ivasofya
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Usually it cuts off like that when you've used up all your data. I am assuming you tried the basic thing like set phone to airplane mode for a minute and turn the cellular back on, restart your phone etc. someimes my phones need s a bit of a boost like that when data stops working. 

urvisha

Do you see the connected name at the top of your phone?

If connected, there are some bars show how good the signal is, this is the starting point.

If you dont even see this, then you are not connected.

You need to go to setting - network - manual connect.   

It varies depends on what phone you use.

Phones can sometimes "forget" APN Settings (and/or other things) for no apparent reason. Often because software did some sort of sneaky update without any prompting. Sometimes because an NVRAM block was corrupted in hardware (don't be alarmed, it happens to most devices over time so they're engineered to self-recover whatever data can be saved).

So sometimes you've just gotta reset (or even factory reset) the thing and manually (re)input your APN Settings, lol. It's only a real problem if it keeps recurring. 

RoySun

Network comes back now, APN looks good though, just reset "PC Mobile". Thanks a lot for your help.

@RoySun wrote:

android

@RoySun  Make sure data is turned on and you have the correct APN setting. This is the Public Mobile APN setting that you will need:

Name: Public Mobile
APN: sp.mb.com
Proxy: Leave blank
Port: Leave blank
Username: Leave blank
Password: Leave blank
Server: Leave blank
MMSC: http://aliasredirect.net/proxy/mb/mmsc
MMSC proxy: 74.49.0.18
MMS port: 80
MCC: 302
MNC: 220
Authentication type: Leave blank
APN type: default,mms,agps,supl,fota,hipri
APN protocol: IPv4
APN roaming protocol: IPv4
Bearer: Unspecified
MVNO type: GID

Don't forget to save these settings and then select this APN as the active one.

@RoySun wrote:

android

Pull down quick lauch and check if data toggle is off. That can be done accidently very easily.

@cavemantoronto  might be on to something...check your APN settings.

RoySun

android

@RoySun wrote:

I checked my acocunt. There are a lot of remaining data with my plan. I don't see problem with my account just not able to access network with cell data. I am able to call and message. Wired.

@RoySun  Android or iPhone?

@RoySun  Or add the free holiday 1gb data add on  from public mobile if you haven't done so already.

RoySun

I checked my acocunt. There are a lot of remaining data with my plan. I don't see problem with my account just not able to access network with cell data. I am able to call and message. Wired.

@geopublic wrote:

@RoySun  If it just stopped working out means that you have used up all your data. You need to wait for your plan renewal, buy an add-on or change plans for our to start working again.

Another option is contact mods and ask them to renew the same plan early.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@RoySun  If it just stopped working it means that you have used up all your data. You need to wait for your plan renewal, buy an add-on or change plans for our to start working again.

@CannonFodder wrote:

Can we assume you've done the obvious things already, i.e. checked to make sure data is still turned on in the settings, and/or whether or not you ran out of data on your plan?

If so, is there any chance we're talking about you trying to access data from various places..... am thinking that MAYBE you're currently in an area of spotty service, like I'm currently in?

Also chance of accidental APN setting change.

CannonFodder
Mayor / Maire

Can we assume you've done the obvious things already, i.e. checked to make sure data is still turned on in the settings, and/or whether or not you ran out of data on your plan?

If so, is there any chance we're talking about you trying to access data from various places..... am thinking that MAYBE you're currently in an area of spotty service, like I'm currently in?

cavemantoronto
Mayor / Maire

@RoySun wrote:

My phone work fine, but can not access internet using cell data. There is no any change on my phone and used to be working fine. It happened since couple of days ago. Appreciated if anybody could help.

Roy

Go into account to find how much data is remaining. Nothing shown means all has been used.

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

Stay Safe!

Need Help? Let's chat.