cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

need help someone else is getting my text messages

jroc506
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

i just got a public mobile pre paid phone plan i have had my phone constantly with me my friends are showing me texts from my phone number that arent from me and i see the time when it was sent and i know for sure i had my phone with me i need to get this figured out asap as i run a bussness and cant have someone knowing my personal stuff please help

13 REPLIES 13

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

Hello jroc506,

Thank you for reaching out to us.

In order to better assist you in regards to your text message, please send us a private message.

Kind Regards

Abdoulaye

bilal684
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Sounds like some phone nunber spoofing where a hacker could impersonate you by sending messages to someone with your spoofed number. Happened to a couple of my friends and they had to change number. Hard to do anything when it comes to phone number spoofing...

Does this number issue/glitch happen often?

@jroc506 wrote:

@CS_Agent i really need help i think someone has the same phone number as me as they are getting some of my text messages and messaging some of my friends but they dont get all my texts and they get none of my calls if i were to change my phone number would that fix this problem?

It probably would fix the problem.

I believe that Public Mobile has assigned a phone number to you that they shouldn't have (already in use by someone else).  Sarcastically, this seems to be a Public Mobile specialty.  Since someone else it getting texts and phone calls when they call the number that was assigned to you, that means that it must already belong to someone else.  You would be forced to change the phone number, regardless.

jroc506

@CS_Agent i really need help i think someone has the same phone number as me as they are getting some of my text messages and messaging some of my friends but they dont get all my texts and they get none of my calls if i were to change my phone number would that fix this problem?

jroc506

i have a lg phone but thanks how long dose moderators normally take to reply? 

jroc506

i just did that thanks i more or less meant i couldnt find how to do that without your link thanks for the help

@jroc506 wrote:

thank you for the reply i im not good with computers so i couldnt figure out how to message the company directly 

If you can post on this forum, you can navigate the private message process which is a part of the forum.  Just click on the work link in my message above and that will take you to private messages.  Identify your account and your problem and the moderators will look into it.  They will communicate with private messages to you if they need additional information.

yama32
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

It could be also related to if you have a samsung phone like s9 they reacently had a bug where it would send random pictures and text to random people on your contact list. Id suggest checking your phone settings and check if there is a update.

News artticle on it.

https://gizmodo.com/a-bug-in-samsungs-default-texting-app-is-sending-random-1827291759

To check for update. From home swipe from top to bottom

>hit the cog wheel

>scroll to the bottom of setting page or wherever it says ABOUT hit that

>and hit system update. then it should check if there any new updates for your phone.

Hope I helped. 🙂

jroc506

the text message are not releveant at all to my friends or me i know for sure they arent from me i just switched to public 4 days ago so i im thinking i got a phone number someone else already had but the thing is they dont get all of my messages just some of them and they dont get my phone calls

jroc506

thank you for the reply i im not good with computers so i couldnt figure out how to message the company directly 

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@jroc506, this behaviour may be due to some sort of account provisioning issue.  I suggest reaching out to the moderator team to check out your account.  The moderator team can be reached via private message using this link.  Please include in your private message account number and PIN code. Refer to the following knowledge base link for additional information on contacting the moderator team.

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

This is strange!

Are those text relevant to you or your friends? Or are they random? I just want to know if there is some kind of phone number glitch going on here. But it is hard to believe that the same number is associated with more than 1 account. 

Need Help? Let's chat.