cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

my new sim card is not working

mmendes12
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

i have been trying to set up with my new sim card and showing invalid sim card on phone i have tried setting up with a different phone and same problem

5 REPLIES 5

DarianDNewell
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Do you have a picture of the error notification to pay here and give us clues?

Have you called your previous service provider and cleard with them that your SIM and phone could be transferred to public?

Your phone also might not be compatible with public, look at this list here:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/get-help/articles/check-your-phones-compatibility

@BKNS27 wrote:

@mmendes12 Did you sign up for a new number or porting your old number to PM?

If you are porting your old number, you have to keep your old SIM in your phone for a confirmation that you are porting your old number over to PM.

If you are get a new number, it will take up to 2 hours.

I would suggest you power off your phone, reset the SIM then reboot the phone to see if that helps.

A number porting that has failed would not cause a phone to display a message about a invalid SIM card when the Public Mobile SIM card has been inserted. There still could be a porting issue, but there's something else in play here that must be fixed first.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@mmendes12 Did you sign up for a new number or porting your old number to PM?

If you are porting your old number, you have to keep your old SIM in your phone for a confirmation that you are porting your old number over to PM.

If you are get a new number, it will take up to 2 hours.

I would suggest you power off your phone, reset the SIM then reboot the phone to see if that helps.

If you do a SIM card check on your My Account, do the last 4 digits match your physical card? It is possible you may have activated a different SIM card. Also go into activate and key in your SIM card number and move to next field....you should receive an error but if not, your SIM card in your possession was not activated. 

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@mmendes12 wrote:

i have been trying to set up with my new sim card and showing invalid sim card on phone i have tried setting up with a different phone and same problem

@mmendes12 

Did you complete the Public Mobile SIM card activation?

https://activate.publicmobile.ca/

Did your credit card get charged?

IS you Locked Phone? Contact your previous provider to unlock it for you.

You will need your imei number dial *#06# to get it.

Need Help? Let's chat.