cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

keeping pics +

catsdeadnow
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have an older HTC phone ... and have just acquired an iPhone 5 to replace the HTC.

I understand I will/need to switch the HTC's SIM card into the iPhone.

The only "data" on the HTC phone I care about retaining and preserving is several pics (taken with the phone).

What I don't understand is:

1. Does removing/switching the SIM in any way affect the pics on the HTC - will they still be available for copying onto a laptop or USB after the SIM-card switch?

2. Are there any functions/features/capacities on the HTC that are affected by switching out the SIM Card (other than, obviously, discontinuation of provider service).

Thank you for agreeing to accomodating me with 10 or 15 minutes of your time to provide me with valuable feedback and advice.

3 REPLIES 3

sat
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

The only thing that will be affected in terms of data is any phone numbers or texts that have been saved to the sim card. You can check where your contacts are saved by fiddling around the settings in the menu. 

Your pictures/songs/videos etc won't be affected!

1. Does removing/switching the SIM in any way affect the pics on the HTC - will they still be available for copying onto a laptop or USB after the SIM-card switch?

2. Are there any functions/features/capacities on the HTC that are affected by switching out the SIM Card (other than, obviously, discontinuation of provider service).

Adding to @neo's response, nothing will be affected when you move the SIM. You will even still be able to use it as phone when you connect to wifi with VOIP apps, such as that from fongo.com.

If the HTC SIM card is larger than nano for the iPhone, you will need to cut it to size, or more safely order a replacement from PM. If you do order a new SIM you must use an email difference from your PM account.

Finally, did you acquire an unlocked iPhone, or one from Koodo/Telus. If not, you will need to have it unlocked.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

neo
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Everything should be okay when you switch the SIM card. I'd be like worrying that your desktop/laptop would stop working when you change service providers.

Need Help? Let's chat.