cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

just activated my phone, I can make calls out but when someone tries to call me it goes to voicemail

thisisme
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

just activated my phone, I can make calls out but when someone tries to call me it goes to voicemail

I also ported my number out form bell and it goes to my bell voicemail when someone tries to call me any idea on how to fix?

6 REPLIES 6

Dylan3
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Maybe it takes some time for the plan to activate

Try asking someone to call you again in a few hours and maybe it should work then

Or contact a moderator to help you if it still doesnt work after a day or two

pcouturier
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Give it time...it took 45 minutes for me.

goldilock
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@thisisme 

It is normal during the port process that your calls go to Bell.

Once you acctivated your PM sim, you are able to make calls and send texts, but calls and texts will go to your current company's SIM (BELL) until they release your number to public mobile (then close your account). The port process is usually fast, and can take a few hours or a day on average. However, depending on the company, it can take longer. If the port is from a voip or landline, it can take up to 7 days. Also your acccount with bell must be active in order to port your number over. 

In the meantime you can continue to use your Bell Sim to receive calls and texs. When the port is complete, Public mobile will send you a text to confirm the port was successful.

Jinjangbesi
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I activated and ported 2 lines few days ago and it took about 24 hours for full services. (call-in/out, sms-in/out). if not contact moderator. 

ChuckYeah
Mayor / Maire

Did you port a Bell cell number or a landline number? If it's a cell phone number you should expect it to happen in less than 4 hours. If not, I'd msg the moderators then.

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

@thisisme wrote:

I also ported my number out form bell and it goes to my bell voicemail when someone tries to call me any idea on how to fix?

@thisisme 

If you just ported this is normal, it takes some time, every hour or so remove your battery / restart your phone. (or even better you should also be able to stick your old sim card in and still works, keep using it until it stops working, then your new public mobile sim should have incoming calls working). It can take time on your first port over and there can be weird issues for a short period of time. The phone calls are going to your old sim thats not in your phone.

If the issue continues (more than 24 hours for cell phone or 48 hours voip/land line) you may have a partially completed port but most often ports just take a bit longer. One of the moderators can take a look, see if they need to do something to move it along.  Click this to send them a message

For more information about contacting a moderator Click Here

Need Help? Let's chat.