cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iphone ios 10.x.x and Group text messages

jxoco
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

On telus, under settings, messages, there was a setting in the SMS/MMS section to turn on 'group texting'.

When I switched to Public Mobile that setting disappeared 

my searching through Apple Iphone faq's and Apple's website, it appears that this is controlled by the Carrier and how they have MMS set up.

So, my question is, Does Public Mobile have SMS/MMS set up to handle group texting, picture sending etc, and I just need to select something to turn it on or ?

I have set the APN settings and not all of the settings are exposed on IOS 10 so I used the web page setup thing but still the group text messaging choice is not there.

Does Public Mobile support group messaging on the iphone?

5 REPLIES 5

Catch2000
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I'm experiecing the same issue as @jxoco. Former Telus customer, iPhone 5s with only 1 APN option for hotspot (set correctly).

When I send a picture to the group it will send to the group, when I send normal text it sends the message to each person individually. This used to work on the Telus network not not on PM. Data and messaging works fine other than this one very annoying thing.

I have checked the MMS messaging settings and updated the phone to the latest version. I have tried the unlockit.co.nz profile setting and still no go. Can someone shed some light on this?

TheOldVR
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I can confirm that with a Telus SIM that the Group Message option is there... and that with a PM SIM the option dissapears.

Not sure if this help... but just sharing 😛

For iPhones try this: https://support.apple.com/en-ca/HT202724

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

mtfolks
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

I posted this under a similar thread but I'll post it again here just in case...

I'd love to know the answer to this as well. I've got an iPhone SE and iMessages work just fine. The issue I have is group messages that involve a non-iPhone user. Does PM not support Group MMS Messagin on the iPhone?

As a side note, there was/is no option for me to update my APN Settings on the iPhone SE but Cellular Data has worked just fine since day 1. Been with PM for about a month now with issue. Not sure if this may be part of my problem or not, tho.

Sounds like from the last comment that it may be related to APN Settings? Can anyone confirm and if so what's the solution? 

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

CaNuCk07
Mayor / Maire

I cna confirm it definitely does, mine worked right away.

Need Help? Let's chat.