cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

imessage not working over data

SilasXavier
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

i have the $50 8gb data plan and everytime i try to send an imessage it doesn’t go through and makes me send it as SMS? Help please! 🙂 

4 REPLIES 4

@SilasXavier wrote:

imessage is turned on, but when i’m out and about and trying to send an imessage it makes me send an sms instead, but when i’m on wifi it works perfectly fine? weird. 

Optimum setup: Settings >> Messages >> iMessage ON, Send as SMS ON, MMS ON >> Send & Receive: should show your phone number and Apple email.

Check your account to see if there is a block of data showing under Data & Add-ons; none showing means you've used up your data allowance.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

SilasXavier
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

imessage is turned on, but when i’m out and about and trying to send an imessage it makes me send an sms instead, but when i’m on wifi it works perfectly fine? weird. 

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@SilasXavier hi do you have imessage turned on in your settings?

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

Trt these 2 things in order @SilasXavier .

1. Turn on Cellular Data. Go to Settings -> Cellular Data and turn on the switch next to Cellular Data.
  2. Reset your network if data isnt working properly. Try sending an Imessage.
    Reset your Network Settings.
    Go to Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings. This also resets Wi-Finetworks and passwords, cellular settings, and VPN and APN settings that you've used before. Restart your phone if it doesn't automatically.  Re enter your wifi password if applicable,  and sms and mms to send and receive from Android phones. 

Stay safe 

Need Help? Let's chat.