cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone MMS Problem

MyzMc
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen
  • iPhone 4, iOS 7.1.2 (latest iOS supported on iPhone 4), former Telus user (MMS working)
  • Switched to PM (talk/text/data) earlier today
  • Initially data didn't work, used www.unlockit.co.nz and now data works
  • MMS messages still don't work (Not delivered error when try to send).

Is this a reality for iPhone 4 users that MMS cannot be made to work with PM?  Has anyone got it to work?  Why didn't the unlockit.co.nz website also change settings related to MMS?  The phone can obviously in theory work with MMS as I used it all the time with Telus.

Any feedback appreciated.  Thanks.

11 REPLIES 11

Guess you are stuck with iMessage for pictures. 3rd party apps are a pssibility but can usually only reach users with the same app.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

MyzMc

Thanks Luddite.  The only profile that is there now is the unlockit one I just created.  Would be good if they could include MMS settings too.

MyzMc

MMS is toggled.  Tried some things from site and doesn't work.

From another PM post: "can you try going to the settings of your phone and then general-profile and make sure that there is no existing profile, if there is a profile then please delete it. " 

I am going to send the updated APN settings to unlockit. Who knows, they may update their site.

MyzMc

Reading the unlockit.co.nz website, it says in the Help:

"MMS is not working - Apple does not give any way of automating MMS Settings."

It does seem to be an issue; can't find an answer in the forum database. I found this reference that may help: MMS iPhone

You should also look at Settings >>> Messaging to see if there is an MMS toggle. While there be sure you have SMS toggled on.

MyzMc

Where do you see the type?  When I go to that website (safari browser), click "Create APN", it seems all I can do is select Canada/Public Mobile.  I don't see any other options.

And I am sure I have data working.

imm1304
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Thanks @neilselden

Hi @MyzMc, the APN settings would be the primary reason for MMS delivery failure.

Go back to the unlockit.co.nz website and create a new APN setting file..  just make sure to add this for APN type: default,mms,supl   Save and apply, reboot.  

Also, MMS requires a data connection to send/receive.  MMS won't send if connected to wifi.  

neilselden
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Hi,

Hmmm OK - I did not realize that about iPhones - thanks for the info.

I'll tag @imm1304, as I understand he is a bit of an iPhone fan 🙂 ... maybe he will be able to help out.

Cheers,

Neil

MyzMc

It seems I can't receive MMS either.

As for the link, it seems to only apply to newer iphones.  Iphone 4 with iOS 7.1.2 (latest iOS) has no settings, which is why I had to go through the unlockit.co.nz route just to get data working.

neilselden
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Hi,

Can you receive an MMS?

Have you checked out this guide for setting up data?

Cheers,

Neil

Need Help? Let's chat.