cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone 5 APN settings? (Data won't work)

briannawhitney
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I've tried downloading unlock it and changing my apn to sp.mb.com etc, data doesnt seem to be working, reset all my settings as well.. Currently running IOS 11.4. Anyone know the solution? 

9 REPLIES 9

chandlerparsons
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@briannawhitney wrote:

I've tried downloading unlock it and changing my apn to sp.mb.com etc, data doesnt seem to be working, reset all my settings as well.. Currently running IOS 11.4. Anyone know the solution? 

Mine worked after like 30 mins of purchasing data. Didn't need to change the APN settings. The default was isp.mb.com. Still working after I changed it to sp.mb.com

daredogg
Mayor / Maire

@briannawhitney Is your phone unlocked, or at least with Telus or Koodo? What about service... can you call out and text? I'm asking because I see you're new to Public Mobile...  just wanting to rule out any other issues.

Maybe someone in the Community can answer this... 

Why do some iPhone users have issues with their data? I have a 5C and never had to set up anything manually. Sometimes a carrier update will show up, and I download it, but I never had to deal directly with APN.

bryclops
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I just tried using the APN that my Koodo line is showing in my Public Mobile line for my Iphone 6s and it works so it's worth a shot.

sp.koodo.com

Rockdaddy22
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

This works for some people https://www.unlockit.co.nz/fw/

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@briannawhitney iPhone 5 cannot run iOS 11. How did you install it?

Perhaps you have a 5s? If so, go to Settings >> General >> About: see if a carrier update is offered and install it. There is no way to manually set APN on iPhones.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

tzliu
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@daredogg wrote:

I noticed my APN is isp.mb.com

The APN seeting works with iPhone 6.  Have you logged into you account to see if data is active for your account?  

thebigguy86
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

original.png

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

this link shows what your aPN settings should be.  do yours match?

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Setting-up-Data-APN-on-your-phone/ta-p...

daredogg
Mayor / Maire

I noticed my APN is isp.mb.com

Need Help? Let's chat.