cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

failed actication

Abram
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I activated a new account and I got this error  

Oops ... It seems that something went wrong .. Please href=" https://publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help" Target="_blank">email us to get your account operational. We apologize for any inconvenience.  

what do i need to do?    

8 REPLIES 8

Abram

I cant use my old sim as it was deactivated when I ported that number to public mobile

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Abram

Try to use your old SIM card if it is still working while you are waiting for moderator.

Abram

ok thank you, 

Because I ported and old number my old account was shut down automatically. I think my account is in limbo, because the old proved cancelled it but public hasn't activated it yet.

@Abram

Yes, moderators are Public mobile employees and are the only ones that can fix account issues directly.  Try to send a detailed message to them with all the relevant information (including the information I mentioned above.  

In the mean time, you should be able to use your old service.  

Abram

yes I was porting a number over. 

I also just tried activating again and I put my sim number in and it said invalid sim. 

OK thanks I will message moderator. 

Are they the ones that can fix this?

@Abram

Were you porting a number over from another mobile or getting a new phone number?  

The activation of your wife's account failed.  You will likely need to contact moderator, but the wait times are about 48 hours.  

send a private message through the following link :

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Please include in the private message your phone number, your account number and PIN code.  Maybe include SIM card number also....

Abram

Yes I have checked my Credit card and the payment was taken out. 

I just tried putting in the sim card in again and it just says "no service". 

I switched my phone over yesterday and it worked fine. A few hours later I tried doing my wifes phone and hers is the one I got the error on. 

here is a copy of what was sent after I activated it. I have an account number and everything but the sim isnt working in the phone and I got this message. 

6. Transaction Summary
Oops ... It seems that something went wrong .. Please href="https://publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help" Target="_blank">email us to get your account operational. We apologize for any inconvenience.
Thanks for submitting your activation request. Your request has been processed. Full details are below.

I dont want to try and sign up again as they have taken a payment and I have a account number. ???

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@Abram

Did you check your credit card history?  Did public mobile take money out of your account?  What happens when you put in the PM SIM card in your phone?  Any connection?

The public mobile website is finicky.  You may want to try again with a  different web browser, clearing cache or incognito mode.  Waiting some time in between attempts can sometimes also work.  

Need Help? Let's chat.