cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eSIM

Terryscell
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

PM customers several years.

Trying to convert my wife's (eSIM compatible) phone to eSIM.

App is so slow we gave up; it just puts us in a loop; place order, no response for 10 minutes.

Slow response appears to be a feature of all Telus-related websites and apps. Bad for an ISP!

4 REPLIES 4

Terryscell

Thanks, but he phone is new, and we don't expect to change for years.

The reason for eSIM is for overseas travel; just shove in a local SIM card, as we did with GiffGaff in the UK / EU.

Remove when finished, keep for next visit. Different SIM for the next continent. Many foreign providers do not give eSIM's.

No need to disturb the PM eSIM, it's there for return home.

BTW, GiffGaff (UK) actually mailed a free SIM card to me in Canada!!! And for 5 Pounds, we got 5G, a couple of GBs, unlimited calls and text, and EU roaming. My wife used Lebara; similar product. Compare that to Telus / PM!

Terryscell

Thanks, Sterlinger.

After several attempts, we signed off completely and signed in again. It worked.

Not great. Unfortunately, have to agree with other posters that PM is not what it was.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Terryscell 

Why would you want eSIM if a regular SIM is compatible?

SIM are more flexible than eSIM if you want to switch to another phone.

TheSterlinger
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Try logging in through the website and see if that works. If not trying reinstalling the app and trying again. If still nothing then submit a ticket to a Public Mobile CS agent. 
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.