cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eSIM not installed properly?

LTSW
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I started a new subscription yesterday and cannot connect to the network.  I tried to transfer a number from my previous carrier and now have no phone service.  I tried all the suggestions to restart and reset the phone with no success.  I think the problem is that the eSIM did not install properly.  How can I check if I have a Public Mobile eSIM installed on my iPhone 11?  If there is no eSIM, how can I get one installed and linked with my transferred phone number?

Thanks

7 REPLIES 7

improper solution removed (that's not a solution)

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@LTSW  Sweet we happy to hear it and welcome to public mobile 🙂

LTSW

I figured it out thanks to your links to previous eSIM posts!  There was a second eSIM installed, labelled 'Travel', that turned out to be the PM eSIM.  I simply activated it an deactivated the 'Primary' eSIM, which was for my previous carrier.

Thanks for all your help!

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@LTSW  and you have tried rebooting the phone or reset network settings ? If still no luck please use this direct link to support to help investigate 

send a  private message   To CS_Agents click          

VVVVV      Link below    VVVVV

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

LTSW

I tried to scan the QR code but I got a message saying "unable activate the eSIM".  I did confirm the text to port and that is why I lost my cell service to the previous carrier but have no service with Public Mobile.

My phone shows that I my service is still with my old carrier, not with Public Mobile.  Does this mean that the Public Mobile eSIM is not activated?

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@LTSW  You may be dealing with two issues first for the eSIM check your welcome email for the QR code and scan it with phone and install it .second did you reply YES to the confirmation text to port ? I’ll send you porting team number private message as we not allowed to post it here . They can reply trigger the port request if needed . Also if no luck with eSIM here’s direct link for support to investigate 

send a  private message   To CS_Agents click          

VVVVV      Link below    VVVVV

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

LitlLdy
Mayor / Maire

@LTSW wrote:

I started a new subscription yesterday and cannot connect to the network.  I tried to transfer a number from my previous carrier and now have no phone service.  I tried all the suggestions to restart and reset the phone with no success.  I think the problem is that the eSIM did not install properly.  How can I check if I have a Public Mobile eSIM installed on my iPhone 11?  If there is no eSIM, how can I get one installed and linked with my transferred phone number?

Thanks

@LTSW , In cellular settings make sure that ‘Turn On This Line’ is selected & reboot your phone. (You may need to reset network settings then reboot)

Turn On This Line

Need Help? Let's chat.