cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

do I need a PUK code?

Self-Serve
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

It appears that something went wrong when I was creating my account, porting a number over from Telus.  I made it right to the last page when I was signing up and then the page just "hung" there.

Telus cancelled my account the next morning, so I can't receive text messages there any more. I can't log into my account, and the "forgot password" feature doesn't work. If I try and start from scratch, I'm told INVALID SIM.

If I go to 1-855-478-2542 and enter my cell number, I can hear my balance. It also accepts my PIN there.

My phone is now "dead in the water". Do I need a PUK code or is there some other solution? Obviously, I need this fixed as soon as possible, but I'm also worried about losing my cell number. Thanks!

PS - I've already posted a private message to @CS_Agent that included my cell and PIN numbers. I didn't leave my email address. Will they still respond? Just thought I would post here while I'm waiting to see if I'm on the right track.

6 REPLIES 6

Self-Serve
Hi Aïssata
@Aïssata_B I couldn't reply to your private message as your account is set to not receive them. I deleted my private messages after the technical problem was solved, and afterwards I managed to create an account, but thanks for the reply! Perhaps it would be a good feature to have a SOLVED button for private messages as well as the public ones. It might prevent you from responding to a problem that was already solved. Just a suggestion!

Murco
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Thats awesome! I am glad you got it going.

PubMob2018

Someone from PM responded to a private message to Moderator_Team earlier. They created a "trouble ticket" for me. Surprisingly, I received a voice call from PM just after 8 pm Pacific... after 11 pm EDT. They had corrected the problem. I had to restart the phone and I was up and working. Thanks to those that replied!

Self-Serve

@Self-Serve wrote:

It appears that something went wrong when I was creating my account...

I had wondered about ordering a new SIM card, bujt I don't think that would work, as one of the first steps in setting up an account requires receiving a text message. I can no longer do that. Is there any way around that?

Self-Serve

@will13amThanks for the reply. I can't log into my account, but if If call 1-855-478-2542 and enter my cell number, I can hear my balance. It also accepts my PIN there, so PM knows that I exist. The phone is not working. Telus closed my account the next morning. I do have the new SIM card in there. I tried starting from scratch, including clearing cache, different browser, incognito mode etc. and get stopped with an INVALID SIM message. I assume this is because the SIM got activated when I started the port. I suppose I could try ordering a new SIM card. If a solution is found before I used it, I could always give it to the first friend that I referred.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Self-Serve, I take it your account with Public Mobile is not active or the service is not working at all.  In any event, you have done the right thing to contact the moderator team.  Their turnaround time these days is rather long.  Expect to wait 3 to 4 days.  I wish your welcome to this service was on better terms. 

By the way, I doubt that PUK code is your solution.  That's when a SIM card has been locked by a code that you were unsuccessful in unlocking.

Need Help? Let's chat.