cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

data usage

steez
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi,

I just ported my account over two days ago and selected the 90/1.5GB LTE plan. I received a text from 611 stating i used 75% of data included in my service. I have been working from home and never left my place for about a week and was on my wifi at home 99% of my 2-3 days with Public Mobile, only used my phone data plan for speed testing and to check if I'm indeed getting LTE speed at my location.

Long story short. I logged in to my account to check my usage and all i could see is 

32MB

1 MB

228 MB

1 MB

nowhere near the "1.5GB at 4G LTE Speed /90 Days 1536 1158.898 377.102 Active"

3 REPLIES 3

alltimelow22
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I highly suggest checking out the data tracker in your phones settings. It will show you which apps are eating at your data the most. 

closng
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hi @steez,

Speed tests can use quite a lot of bandwidth sometimes. Also, as an FYI, please be aware that the usage summary is not as up to date as the usage summary shown on the overview page and may not reflect all the usage when you have checked. 

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@steez, do you have wifi assist enabled?  not sure what OS you are using but I would suggest a data tracker.  I use Data Witness (made by a PM member @IWIK) and works great for the 90 days plans.  You can message the moderators to look into your data usage if you like. 

To send a private message to a moderator click this link.
In your message please include:
  • PM Phone Number
  • 4 digit PIN (if you don't remember this then they will need at least 3 of the following to verify your identity)
    • account number 
    • date of birth
    • complete address listed on account with postal code
    • email address on account
    • most commonly called numbers
    • alternate number listed on the account
    • last payment date and amount
    • last 4 digits of the credit card
  • Detailed explanation
Community Moderators are available from Mon-Thursday 9am(Eastern) to 9pm(Eastern) and Friday, Saturday, and Sunday from 9am(Eastern) to 7:30pm(Eastern)

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Need Help? Let's chat.