cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

charged without service

JM11
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I opened an account earlier today.  It said to select a plan, and then I can transfer in my number later (I did the due diligence making sure my number was portable).  After creating the account, I was charged for the service and then could start the number transfer process.  The transfer failed.  I received a text saying someone from PM would be contacting me "shortly" but that was 6+ hours ago.  If the number is really not transferable, how can I get a refund for the service which is not provided and which doesn't even have a phone number associated with it?  All I can see in My Account is to change the plan for the next billing cycle

5 REPLIES 5

JM11
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Issue resolved via porting phone number - thanks @esjliv  and others!

maximum_gato
Mayor / Maire

@JM11 

Did you leave your old Sim card in your phone to reply YES to the PAT (porting authorization text) within 90 minutes of recieving it? If not then you can call the telus/koodo porting department with your old providers account # to reinitiate your port request. Make sure your old account is still active and put your old Sim card back in your phone to reply YES to the PAT this time. I will send you the porting department phone # in your private messages.

Edit:

Oops I missed the part of  @esjliv 's post where they sent @JM11  the phone #. My bad!

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@JM11 

Check to see if your number is portable at:

https://secure.koodomobile.com/checktransfereligibilityparrot/default.do 

The charges is probably pending and not posted until you activate the SIM when you receive it.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@JM11  - not likely Public is going to contact you. 

You can contact Public Mobile Representatives (CSA) by submitting a PRIVATE MESSAGE to start a ticket to them here: Private Message to Public Mobile Customer Support Agents (CSA)

Or, Try calling the Telus porting phone number (to assist with your port/transfer), which we are not supposed to post here. So, check your private messages I will send it to you there.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@JM11 

are you only interested in porting your number to PM OR are you willing to take a new number ?

Need Help? Let's chat.