cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cannot verify server identity

sachiv
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I keep getting this message popping up on my phone when I'm outside of my wifi zone.

It gives m.hotmail.com  - I have no idea where this came from or what it's referring to.

When I click details I get:

setmeup.arubanetworks.com

Aruba 222 - CNC3HMV5Y4

When I Google aruba networks it seems it has something to with HP.

Anyone else get this?  Any help on how to get rid of getting this pop up?

4 REPLIES 4

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@sachiv wrote:

I keep getting this message popping up on my phone when I'm outside of my wifi zone.

It gives m.hotmail.com  - I have no idea where this came from or what it's referring to.

When I click details I get:

setmeup.arubanetworks.com

Aruba 222 - CNC3HMV5Y4

When I Google aruba networks it seems it has something to with HP.

Anyone else get this?  Any help on how to get rid of getting this pop up?

@sachiv  Maybe best to reset your phone to factory default and start over, better safe than sorry.

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@sachiv Are you getting this message when your WIFI is on or when your data is on and WiFI is off? This looks like a connection to wifi. Disable it, or go to your wifi connections and forget this network so that it could stop connecting to it.

Jukebox
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@sachivHi

I'm sorry to hear that you may be having issues with your server identity and are receiving weird messeges

My research led me to this;

Upon failure to detect existing Instant cluster, existing Aruba controller, and no relevant Central/AirWave configruation, Unified AP will broadcast a SSID SetMeUP-xx:xx:xx, connect to this SSID, then open setmeup.arubanetworks  login with admin/admin.  There will be instructions provided on how to convert this Unified AP as the first Instant AP/virtual controller.

I may be wrong but seems like this has to do with your router?

Are your services from PM working fine?

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

Sorry but this has nothing to do with Public Mobile.

You leave your wifi area and it sounds like your phone is trying to connect to someone else's wifi / server network. Go through your phone settings and "forget wifi networks" that are saved that you don't use.

Also check your phone if it has any viruses or spam on it.

If you're not aware how to do this then Google is your friend with your phone model. Example "Samsung galaxy remove saved wifi networks"

Hope you figure out the issue. 

Need Help? Let's chat.