cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cannot receive incoming calls

monbon
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi there,  I set up accounts for my parents and my moms account which we activated a few weeks before porting over her old phone number on Dec 27th.  Everything works well (mom on a smartphone woo!), but my mom is not able to recieve any calls. She can make calls and send and recieve text messages, but when you try calling her it goes straight to voicemail.  Oddly enough, she turned on her old flip phone, tried calling it and it rang, but the public mobile phone will not.  She has turns off her phone when she goes to bed everynight so she has tried that a dozen times since getting the phone.  

I am headed up for dinner tonight and will toy around with it.  Any ideas?  I checked the APN settings on her phone when I set it up, but it added itself automatically.  Anything else I can do? 

Thanks! 

3 REPLIES 3

itimjob
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I got the same problem 3 months ago.

Make sure you send msg tp MODs with

- the Public Mobile SIM card #

- the number ported

- the account number associated to your old service provider

I got my phone works within 2 days after sendding msg.

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey @monbon,

thank you for reaching out to us !

Please follow the suggestion above and send me a private message including the following info:

- the Public Mobile SIM card #

- the number ported

- the account number associated to your old service provider

Thanks!

Mary

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@monbon wrote:

Hi there,  I set up accounts for my parents and my moms account which we activated a few weeks before porting over her old phone number on Dec 27th.  Everything works well (mom on a smartphone woo!), but my mom is not able to recieve any calls. She can make calls and send and recieve text messages, but when you try calling her it goes straight to voicemail.  Oddly enough, she turned on her old flip phone, tried calling it and it rang, but the public mobile phone will not.  She has turns off her phone when she goes to bed everynight so she has tried that a dozen times since getting the phone.  

I am headed up for dinner tonight and will toy around with it.  Any ideas?  I checked the APN settings on her phone when I set it up, but it added itself automatically.  Anything else I can do? 

Thanks! 

This is a sign that the porting failed for some reason.  You will need a moderator to manually redo the port.  Please send them a private message.  I will tag them in this thread to bring it to their attention.

@Shazia_K

Need Help? Let's chat.