cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

autopay

Buzzard
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

My next payment is due to be payed before 17th of January  but autopay says it will pay on the 17th which is a day after my payment is due.

Why can't autopay take the payment prior to the due date?

I know I can make a prepayment before the due date but this defeats the object of having autopay. I see lots of comments on here about autopay not working at least if the payment went through 2 days before the due date it would give you a chance to rectify if autopay didn't take the payment.

3 REPLIES 3

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Buzzard : The keyword for me is "before". So make whatever payment you like before that. ie. up to 11:59pm ET of that day before. Then don't touch anything and your rewards will convert into Available Funds and eventually hit the autopay if need be.

I would add that due to the fact that there are other ways to pay that aren't autopay, that allows you that time up to "before".

@Buzzard wrote:

My next payment is due to be payed before 17th of January  but autopay says it will pay on the 17th which is a day after my payment is due.

Why can't autopay take the payment prior to the due date?

I know I can make a prepayment before the due date but this defeats the object of having autopay. I see lots of comments on here about autopay not working at least if the payment went through 2 days before the due date it would give you a chance to rectify if autopay didn't take the payment.

The reason that autopay processes payment just before the renewal is the result of the payment system not knowing how much will be due until the renewal date comes.

Other companies that process payments a few days ahead of time bill a set amount ahead of time, often regardless of how much will be owed when the renewal happens.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

That's an interesting point, @Buzzard 

It seems the billing system functions best when the plan "thinks" it's gonna expire, thus prompting the auto-payment to rectify things.  Only thing, it's puts all the trust that auto-pay is gonna function.

It appears more 'reactive', than 'proactive'.

Need Help? Let's chat.