cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zte zmax 2: apn settings not working for text pics

Taskmule
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen
Hi. I have a new ZTE Zmax 2 I fired up over the weekend. It is all functioning g well, except I cannot send pix over text/mms even though I have read the tutorials and tried all the recommended APN settings. I'm stumped. Can I get some input on what else I can try? Thanks in advance!
8 REPLIES 8

Taskmule

Yes, I fixed the issue by getting a Redmi Note 3. Sorry for the bad news.

Noah1
Hi, did u get it fixed? I've same problem now with same phone, thanks

Taskmule

Edit: 

Taskmule
Thank you for replying.

With the settings you recommend, I get mms pic messaging working again, but no mobile Internet available over the public network, only if I connect over WiFi. My browser says "not connected to internet".
If I leave APN type blank, I get Internet over network back, but lose mms picture delivery.

@Taskmule  Please check your APN and mms settings. 

Name: Public Mobile
APN: sp.mb.com
Proxy: Leave blank
Port: Leave blank
Username: Leave blank
Password: Leave blank
Server: Leave blank
MMSC: http://aliasredirect.net/proxy/mb/mmsc
MMS proxy: 74.49.0.18
MMS port: 80
MCC: 302
MNC: 220
Authentication type: Leave blank
APN type: default,supl,mms,dun

And please make sure when you're testing this your mobile data is turned on and wifi is turned off as picture messaging via text only works on mobile data. 

Taskmule

Oh jeez, not so fast after all. I got mms pic sending to work with those settings but then mobile data didn't work. Couldn't get any browser connection etc. said I was not connected to the internet. I cleared the apn settings, and voila, internet, but again, no pic sending over mms/SMS. It's one or the other.  I guess I need to start an email conversation with someone who can help me get this phone set up to work properly. Next step?

Rockdaddy22
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité
Great news, thanks for the update 🙂

Taskmule
And all of a sudden, as of the last minute, all my attempted mms pics from yesterday all sent. I have some confused friends to attend to right now. Mod, please delete this thread, with thanks.
Need Help? Let's chat.