cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wrong number ported.

ConnieHull
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I ported my wifes phone from Bell to Public Mobile last week. I completed tge transfer and it worked. But now she has a new number which is half my number and half her number. How do I get this corrected?

7 REPLIES 7

Dankaroo
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@GreatCanadian

Hey GC,

It's unfortunate that the process wasn't undertaken when the number was still in OPs possession a week prior. After some testing the change number success rate seems to be somewhat random ( one number I tested would simply never load the account info input, another loaded it immediately and I could change to the number provided I have the account number or something equivalent). That said those steps should still help anyone who freshly comes across the incorrect port number issue if the website is being cooperative.

I do not know what the Mods can do for OP if the number is now owned by a third party. Perhaps a free month off of billing cycle, it's unlikely the bill is already reduced to 0 from rewards as it is a new account from the sounds of it.

GreatCanadian
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Dankaroo wrote:

@tehowennathe, @ConnieHull

Here's the link to message the mod

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage

Also you can try to change your number by logging into public Mobile self serve and pressing on the "plans" tab then the "change number" sub tab.

That won't work as the number is in use by another carrier who have not received a port request.

GC

Jackhyf63
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@ConnieHull  Please contact one of the moderators by private message to help you out with this issue.include these following informations:your Public Mobile email address, IMEI number of the Public Mobile sim,your Public Mobile registered phone number, detail message explaining the issue.

Dankaroo

@tehowennathe, @ConnieHull

Here's the link to message the mod

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage

Also you can try to change your number by logging into public Mobile self serve and pressing on the "plans" tab then the "change number" sub tab.

ConnieHull

How to contact PM?

ConnieHull

I called Bell Mobility and they said there was no request sent in for her number from Public mobile even though I specifically requested it be ported. How do I get this resolved?

tehowennathe

The only way to solve issue is contact one of the mods. You would have to give account number and phone number. They are the only ones who can help with port issues.

Need Help? Let's chat.