cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Would my phone work with this network?

Jerrie99
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Im looking to setup a cell phone on a new network but i think it can only run LTE. Its a Motorola G Pure.  Could it work with a 4G package at 30$/month?

7 REPLIES 7

slusagm
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

yes, possible.  You can use this Koodo link to confirm (Koodo and PM both owned by Telus): 

https://secure.koodomobile.com/checktransfereligibilityparrot/checkSingle.do

@Jerrie99 wrote:

And is it possible to transfer a phone number from rogers to poblic mobile? do you know?

Usually, this is possible, but not in all cases.  There are some cases of Telus/Public not having their own numbers in the same city as Rogers, and in those cases number portability rules wouldn't allow transfer of those phone numbers.

Jerrie99
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

And is it possible to transfer a phone number from rogers to poblic mobile? do you know?

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Jerrie99 , the phone was out in 2021.  The concern is whether this phone will be on the VoLTE whitelist.  The hardware is VoLTE capable but Public Mobile whitelist can be rather discriminating.  I was not able to find any confirmations from past threads in the community.  

Rastin
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

You should be able to use any plan but you will be limited to 4g speed. Even if you had a 5g phone it's unlikely you would notice the speed difference anyways.

@Jerrie99 wrote:

Im looking to setup a cell phone on a new network but i think it can only run LTE. Its a Motorola G Pure.  Could it work with a 4G package at 30$/month?

Yes, the phone will work.  All Public Mobiles allows access to the same networks.

Need Help? Let's chat.