Michwhea
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I'm trying to make an important call.

Says I cant !!!!!!!

14 REPLIES 14

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

Hi there@Michwhea
For any inquiries please reach our Moderators by completing a ticket at the link below:
https://bit.ly/2HK8Bnb

Stay safe!
Public Mobile Team

maggamoka
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

If it's because you're on the $15 plan, and you've used your 100 minutes, you could text the person, and tell the person to call you. *Incoming* minute are unlimited. Just an idea, I don't know if it's feasible in your situation. 

kelvarnsen
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Can you share the number? If it has too many digits PM kind of freaks out a bit and won't connect. Like those 1-800 numbers where the rest of the digits are letters and there are more than 7.

@Michwhea 

We can understand your frustration but a little less colourful language and a little more feedback and we can work on fixing your issue. Try rebooting your phone. Try a couple of different numbers. Put a (1) in front of the number you are calling....dial it manually not from contacts. What happens when you call 611?

mpcdesign
Mayor / Maire

@Michwhea, so are you able to use your phone now?

It says you registered with Public Mobile since February 2020, you kinda know the drill it's a pre-paid plan. If you have a limited amount of calls (100 minutes for the $15 plan) vs unlimited (plans that are $25 plus), it could be you are out minutes. 

If so, just buy an add-on for $5 for 500 minutes. Just make sure you have sufficient funds in your account to apply this asap.

Screen Shot 2020-06-11 at 10.40.44 PM.png

If by chance you have unlimited minutes, then that's a bigger issue on hand then. The others have already told you how to contact SIMon, which is the fastest way to contact the moderators. 

yanzhiqiang
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Contact moderator by clicking the ?mark at bottom right,wish your problem solved quickly.

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@Michwhea Check your self-service account please. Are you on 15$ plan? If yes, you ran our of your 10 mins for a mons, so you need to buy a 500min addon.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Michwhea wrote:

How do I get someone to fix this!!!

What am I paying for ???

You are paying for a hands-on, self-serve kinda provider.

Try adding a 1 in front of the 10 digits.

If you're on the $15 plan maybe you've run out of minutes.

Maybe you're trying to call a US number.

Maybe you're mis-dialing.

Michwhea

How do I get someone to fix this!!!

What am I paying for ???

edited by computergeek541: Community terms of service regardling language

james1234
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Good day!

I understand your frustration here is what you can do for sure:

1. Restart your mobile device and verify if it`s able to reconnect to Public Mobile. Write down any error messages.

2. If no, verify your SIM card is properly inserted and try again.

3. Log online into the self-serve area at https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/ and verify your account is still active.

4. Dial *611 from your device and see if your device is still provisioned.

Kindly,

James David

@Michwhea wrote:

Says I dont have talk on my plan 

If you're on a $10 or $15 plan, this could mean that you are out of outgoing minutes.  I would log into your account at selfserve.publicmobile.ca to see if that's the case, at least if you're oin one of those lower-priced plans that don't include unlimited calling.

This message is also sometimes heard if a mistake is made in dialing the number.

Michwhea

Says I dont have talk on my plan 

@Michwhea 

Is there an error message played back when you try to make a call? 

Michwhea

Are there moderators or something here ???

Severely pissed 

edited by computergeek541: Community terms of service

Need Help? Let's chat.