cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What are the Voicemail, Call Display and Messaging Features?

AllSmilesYYZ
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I am considering switching to Public, but there website do not have any details of these "included" features. Can someone in the community please let me know:   1) How much voicemail do we get?     2) Does Public's Call display include both the name and number of the caller, and   3) the plan says "messaging" for Canada, but "text and picture messaging" for international. Are photos and videos included in Canada-wide messaging, and video globally? 

Thank you for your help!! 

5 REPLIES 5

TheSterlinger
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Indeed. You can receive texts internationally but you can only respond to Canada-wide. MMS (picture messaging) you can send/recieve internationally.

AllSmilesYYZ

Thanks @TheSterlinger , so that means I can send and send/receive texts, photos and videos across Canada and also internationally?

dwh1
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@AllSmilesYYZ Since you didn't mention what phone you have - if you have an iPhone that can run iOS 17, keep in mind that the "Live Voicemail" feature handles voicemails on your phone using the Visual Voicemail interface (e.g. no pressing numbers on a keypad to do things).  If you use Live Voicemail, the PM voicemail limits mentioned below will only apply to messages left while your phone is off the network (in Airplane mode or where there is no service).

AllSmilesYYZ

Thank you for the quick reply @TheSterlinger !  I am looking at the $34 for 40G plan.  I do appreciate your help!

TheSterlinger
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hi @AllSmilesYYZ ,

1. You get 10 voicemail messages before your voicemail is full. 

2. Shows both name and number.

3. For MMS you can send them to international numbers. 

Do you mind sharing which plan you are speaking about so I could take a look ?

Need Help? Let's chat.