cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What If I Use Up My Data

Sherry1313
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

If I use up all my data (which is around 6GB) before my renewal date,  will PM stop my internet connection or charge me for using extra data?

If I should set up the option, how should I do it?

Thanks.

9 REPLIES 9

@terrif wrote:

I see this post is from 2017.  Is this information still the same?  Thanks!

Yes, still the same. 

terrif

I see this post is from 2017.  Is this information still the same?  Thanks!

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

More info on Data Witness can be found here:  https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Phones-Hardware/IWIK-s-quot-Data-Witness-quot-for-And...

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Sherry1313, if you are using an android device, I recommend installing the data witness PM app to help with data usage management.  It's made specifically for 30 and 90 day cycles by a Public Mobile customer @IWIK for the benefit of all users.

https://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&ved=0ahUKEwiKsKPmha3YAhVFK1AKHb1YC_4Q...

@Sherry1313, yes your data will just stop even if you are on autopay.  That is only plan renewal on your renewal date.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Sherry1313

I prefer my data to be stopped. I don't like to be charged for using extra cellular data. But I'm on preauthorized monthly payment (autopay). So will the data still stop if I use up my plan data? That's I want to happen.

I just have a few days left to get to my plan date.

@Sherry1313 and @mimmo, the early renewal can be costly as well if you are constantly doing this you are losing out on your 90 days and like mimmo said it depends on how much data you need to get to your next renewal.  A 1GB addon does not expire and can be carried over until fully used up.  So if you only need a little bit to get you to your plan date consider that as then you will have th remainder available to you in the future for when you need it again instead of renewing early again.  If you are constantly renewing early you should look at a plan change with a bigger data bucket.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

I ususally suggest  renewing your plan early as the data addon is quite costly 1gb for $30,  so depending on your estimated usage /plan you get more bang for your money by renewing early.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@Sherry1313, if you use up your plan data it will stop and you will not have access to cellular data.  You can't setup to be charged for overages as PM is a pre-paid service.  You will have a few options if you run into this.

1. Just use wifi until your plan renews.
  2. Purchase a data addon
  3. Put enough money on your account to cover your plan again and private message the Moderators to renew your plan early.

Need Help? Let's chat.