cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web calls

tetrion27
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin
I was looking through my phone logs on the PM selfserve page and see calls listed as "web" type. As the data is a bit pricy, I am concerned about these web calls. What are they?
12 REPLIES 12

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@skred wrote:

I have the same problem. I know there was no usage. Yet every day anytime between 12.0pm to 3pm there are two web charges,  usually between .4mb to 2.00mb .

A big ?????

@skred it's actually not a problem, it's acurate.  The Usage History page is NOT real-time for your data usage.  Instead, it updates twice a day, around noon (12:00 or so) and midnight (12:00 or so--yes, frustratingly you can't tell one from the other), and includes the sum of all the data you've used in the previous 12 hours since the last entry.  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@skred wrote:

I have the same problem. I know there was no usage. Yet every day anytime between 12.0pm to 3pm there are two web charges,  usually between .4mb to 2.00mb .

A big ?????

Is it possible that your phone is set to use cell data if wifi is weak?

Check all your apps too. Maybe one of them helps itself to some cell data even though you think it's off. I know my Samsung S7 on A8 will quickly flip in and out of cell data for sending an MMS which could take a tiny bit of data for that brief moment. Not sure. It's such a small amount that what with all the gift data and my minimal usage...I don't really care.

skred

A big ?????

LenK
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@NDesai is right: the "web" call type indeed represents your data usage.

How can I have data usage charges for a Web type call when I don't have any data in my plan?

What is being allocated to data?

I had 4 calls listed over 4 days, 1 each day, 3 consecutive, 3 with 0 MB, and 1 with 1MB.

I discovered these too late to recall what I was doing at the times listed.

And speaking of usage listings, the date is a different format than most conventional ones, and the time looks like a 12-hour format with no AM or PM. If anyone from PM reads this, please pass on a suggestion to make the date/time clearer.

Thanks in advance.

Have any of you heard that Sugar Mobile? I read an article on this, mvno, WiFi/Data calls, similar to Google Fi, and how in other Countries, $30 gives one plenty, yet here, Rogers, Fees for similar costs $80, Bell $100.

Hopefully Telus is wanting to see more competition, to a degree, to keep fees from spiring out of control, so that all can enjoy the essentials of service, data, Txt at a incredibly Fair price

Rockdaddy22
Gotcha, thanks.
I guess I was a bit confused because it's listed under call type, but I see now.

@Rockdaddy22 wrote:
Just curious why it's listed as a call

Its not a call. Everytime i use data it shows up as Web and also says how much MB i used. 

Rockdaddy22
Just curious why it's listed as a call

Kalla_A
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey @tetrion27,

@NDesai is right: the "web" call type indeed represents your data usage.

I hope this clears things up Smiley Tongue

Kalla

Rockdaddy22
I was also kind of curious about this

tetrion27
Hmmm... The bandwidth doesn't correspond with my usage and I haven't sent any MMSs. Thanks for guessing , I appreciate it

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

I think WEB is your data usage records. Or it could be MMS message. 

Need Help? Let's chat.