cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We’re listening

Moid_I
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Public Mobile is in BETA, which means we’re looking to continuously improve some aspects of our Community and website. To do so, the Public Mobile Community Team ( @Mat_F , @Jeremy_M, @Mansi_G, @Moid_I and @Caroline_B) is looking to our vibrant Community members to give us their feedback – good, bad or otherwise – of glitches you may come across. Our glitches may not be as cool as this

But we still want your feedback to keep the matrix ticking Smiley Happy

125 REPLIES 125

Martin
Legend
Legend
chuk,

I'm grandfathered. Post counts don't put any money in my pocket.

Martin
Legend
Legend
The word Balance is confusing to many people in self-serve, thinking that it must mean debit or debt. To rectify the problem, I would eliminate all instances of Balance and replace the word with Credit. I would also attach a note to Credit, stating that is how much money is in one's account, and NOT owed to PM.

chukdefatey
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire
@Martin, I now get the reasoning behind it. Although I don't agree but I get it.

The Reason why I don't agree is other might say, you are doing it for Post Count increase or call it spamming or various other reasons

Martin
Legend
Legend
DK,

You said in 20 words what I said in 200!

I need to learn your technique.

Martin
Legend
Legend
chuk,

The purpose of this original post was to elicit comments from people regarding glitches, problems, and concerns.

As you know, when there is a new post, the oldest of the 5 is supplanted by the newest.

Since PM was and is counting on this thread to bring problems, etc. to its attention, it needs to be seen. In order to have it seen, I place a dot in the area intended for replies. So, instead of writing "Do you have anything to contribute", the dot does the equivalent. It causes the thread to be at the top, and " We're listening" explains the subject of the post.

DK
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

That is the reason why I like the www.willmyphonework.net website as it doesn't use IMEI to check. It makes you find the actual model and make of phone and what carrier you plan to use it on.

May not be 100% but it worked for me when I picked up a Verizon Moto X+1. And it looks like it gets updated on a regular basis. I think it would be great for most North American models of smartphone. Now for the cheaper Asian brands that seem to be flooding our shores you would have to be more thorough.

Cheers

DK
Here is bumping the thread to stay in recent threads so it is seen by more people and not buried in the pile.

chukdefatey
^I don't get what you mean by that

Martin
Legend
Legend
chuk,

They're not blank. There's a dot in them in order to ensure that they become one of the 5 messages on display on mobile.

chukdefatey
^Your last two responses are Blank under mobile and full version. @PM is this a Glitch on the community site because I have noticed blank replies a few times. I am not sure if others are seeing blank replies from me as well.

Martin
Legend
Legend

Martin
Legend
Legend

Martin
Legend
Legend
If anyone has any feedback or gripes to report, now is the time.

Please limit yourself to PM's shortcomings as is, not to a fanciful PM of the future.

Believe me, I already had that chat w. PM Teamsters at coffee thing. Personally, what IMEI System is needed is one that not just gives compatible readings, but also if Specific model handset is compatible w. said frequencies, 3G, 4G, if non show check-mark, then phone isn't compatible at all. Especially if 3G is bare minimum for network compatibility. Simple. Because, take Moto G, 5-6 different Moto G's, 2 are 2G GSM Only, 2 are 3G and 2G mix, last is 4G/3G/2G mix, so that's why its crucial, least PM Could potentially, not saying this because I like it, saying it because its a fact, that PM could open itself to potential lawsuits, CCTC, CRTC, List goes on

Martin
Legend
Legend
chuk,

Thank you for your input regarding the IMEI checker.

chukdefatey

@Martin wrote:
Unless the IMEI checker has recently undergone massive improvement, disable it until it works perfectly 100% of the time.

When a new customer relies upon it, and then realizes that it gave a false positive, it creates a very negative impression of PM.

Remember the expression, "First impressions are lasting impressions."

Not matter what improvements it has gone through or will go through that Tool will never be accurate because there are Billions of IMEI's out there & more imei are launched every day so there is no way that tool will know. What needs to be done is a Huge Disclaimer saying that this is simply a tool & it shouldn't be Relied on 100% 

Martin
Legend
Legend
As DK put it, computers will be expected to do the grunt work because of the self-serve nature of the site.

That said, the fact that users visit and will continue to visit the community cannot be dismissed. Whether they are not cell literate, or want the knowledge or reassurance of a live human being is understandable. On the other hand, if users are posing questions because the computers are not properly doing the grunt work, that is a serious shortcoming that should be given top priority for repair, especially if the problem involves self serve and CCs.

Martin
Legend
Legend
Unless the IMEI checker has recently undergone massive improvement, disable it until it works perfectly 100% of the time.

When a new customer relies upon it, and then realizes that it gave a false positive, it creates a very negative impression of PM.

Remember the expression, "First impressions are lasting impressions."

Martin
Legend
Legend
If I forgot to mention a responder and his constructive input, my apologies!

Martin
Legend
Legend
On the topic of usage, data availability can be accessed at 8 am ET as a result of what was used the previous day until 12:00 midnight ET. Availability is via phone and self serve account.

Martin
Legend
Legend
chuk,

Thank you for that information.

Do you know with absolute certainty if new users do, or do not, receive the same alerts?

chukdefatey
There are definitely Data usage warning in Real time you get the first one at 75% of your data alotment then one at 95% & a final one at 100%

Martin
Legend
Legend
DK,

I'll find out if new users receive texts, and I'll post the findings in this thread.

DK
Actually @ martin I think there are data usage sms now as my wife got a text recently saying she had hit the 75% mark but I am not sure if it's just for grandfathered or all customers as my wife is on the old plans.

Martin
Legend
Legend
A sticking point with many new users is the $10 base fee for 30 days, which logic dictates is going to increase the lengthier the period of time. As others have said and intimated, give it some purpose which will benefit users in a tangible way. Perhaps eliminating a reward for the dropping of the $10 fee is a reasonable trade off.

DK
I second the cell phone discussion sub forum as there are threads in the forums now about where and what phone would be OK to use with PM.

I don't recommend any classifieds site (kijiji, craigslist) as the potential to get ripped off is way to high. Even for someone like myself who has had 9 different phones (don't ask) since the beginning of this year, I have to be careful so for anyone just dipping there toes in the kijiji water the possibility of getting scammed is high.

Martin
Legend
Legend

PDFs have been discussed, and the information contained therein would be indispensable to those users entitled to reimbursement.

A tri-punch SIM has been accepted, thanks to chuk.

E-chat has been mentioned, which I think is a very good idea, and would lead to a higher retention rate amongst new users. makkahn28 and DK have been the primary proponents of e-chat.

Community team members may wish to consider writing tutorials on how to navigate in a self-serve account, for example, what's under the third orange tab. I'm on the fence about having 1 section dedicated to tutorials compared to the current situation.

A board, dedicated to cell phone discussion, would be extremely useful considering that PM no longer sells phones. It makes no sense that people are referred to Red Flag Deals when we could have our own PM-centric equivalent.

Martin
Legend
Legend
As DK stated, there should be warnings regarding the amount of data used. Perhaps, this could be implemented along with a reminder, at the same time, of how much data is left until plan renewal.

Martin
Legend
Legend

DK
I try. Lol. It's my east coast upbringing.
Need Help? Let's chat.