cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Want to port my number to another service and KEEP this account with a new number

davidsharp
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi, I have a valid account and a number I want to port to another provider. I still want to keep this account with a new number. The Public Mobile number I have is supposed to be ported tonight to the new provider, (for my daughter). Can I just choose a new number on this account, or should I do it BEFORE or AFTER it is ported so I don't lose my account.

Thanks for reading. Dave

7 REPLIES 7

allenw

You won't be able to do this, you'll have to pick one of the two options.

1) Port your current Public Mobile number to another service provider, which means your account here will close. 

2) Port in a new phone number to override the existing Public Mobile number and keeping your tenure, but you won't be able to get your old phone number back.

@danijel  Uhm.... that post didn't "add to the solution", since all of what you suggested has already been said. That, and I suggest you read the OP's post, directly above yours.....

danijel

Just to add to the solution, so once you port your number your Public Mobile account will close completely and you will have to do a new activation with Public Mobile to get a new number, and that means new sim card purchase for activation. 

davidsharp

Hi, 

Thanks for your answer. I have two more sims here, I'll just pop one in and get going on another account. Thanks for your quick and honest response. 🙂 -Dave

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@davidsharp wrote:

Hi, I have a valid account and a number I want to port to another provider. I still want to keep this account with a new number. The Public Mobile number I have is supposed to be ported tonight to the new provider, (for my daughter). Can I just choose a new number on this account, or should I do it BEFORE or AFTER it is ported so I don't lose my account.

Thanks for reading. Dave

As soon as you port your number to another provider, your PM account will be closed.  Any available fund and referral reward in your account will be gone.

When you get a new number, your old number will be gone back to the original provider who gave your your number.

In one word, no.  What you want to do is not possible.

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@davidsharp wrote:

Thanks for reading. Dave

I don't think it is possibe. After porting, your account is closed.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@davidsharp wrote:

Thanks for reading. Dave

No can do. Porting closes the account and everything with it.

Need Help? Let's chat.