cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Walmart, Charlottetown, PE - no SIM card

larryb
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Attempted to buy a Public Mobile SIM card from this Walmart location and was told that I could not purchase the SIM card without joining Public Mobile at that time.  I still had available service from my previous provider and wanted to use up what I had paid for, and sign up with Public Mobile at a later date.  They refused to sell me the SIM card, so I ordered from Public Mobile instead.  

8 REPLIES 8

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@ShawnC13 that might be true for first  account but the second both accounts could get ,$25 though the current online referal promo

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@larryb wrote:

Attempted to buy a Public Mobile SIM card from this Walmart location and was told that I could not purchase the SIM card without joining Public Mobile at that time.  I still had available service from my previous provider and wanted to use up what I had paid for, and sign up with Public Mobile at a later date.  They refused to sell me the SIM card, so I ordered from Public Mobile instead.  

I know you wanted to activate at a later date but right now Walmart probably has the best promo going for activation as you get the SIM card free and a $25 credit (applied within 72 hours of account activation)

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

larryb
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have submitted the info to the Moderators, as suggested.

GreatCanadian
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Adding to what's been said, if your current plan is a post paid plan, you can switch to public mobile whenever you want. The bill you get from your provider will be pro-rated for only the days used.

GC 

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Definitely do as @NDesai suggested. The mods are actively trying to track issues and  re-educate the Walmart managers.

the more info they have the better the process will go.

stonechucker
Mayor / Maire

Go back, and tell them you know you are able to purchase just the SIM card, as you want to activate for an online activation promo.  PM me, and we can share the great friend referral promo announced today ( online activations only) by using my number as your referral code.

That is of course, you don’t already have a friend to refer you.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@larryb, you could try telling the store that you already have an account but the SIM card is bad and you need a replacement.  Fake huge angst with having no service until you get a new SIM card. 

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@larryb Thank you for the feedback. Please use the following format to fill the info and directly report to the Moderator_Team and they will report to that store. 

Store:

City:
Date:

Need Help? Let's chat.