cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voucher PIN problem

Kirsch
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I bought a Voucher today from Esso and when I input the PIN it says invalid. I spent 100 dollars on this voucher an cant even use it. Do I have to wait till my month is up to beable to use the Voucher or can I not top up early?

5 REPLIES 5

Hmmm... that's not good.  I hate these glitches.  Such nit-picky things, and for a self-serve system, way too many.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@stonechucker in my case I bought 2 vouchers 100 and 40. The 40 worked right away. The 100 even 2?3 days later didn't work.

Some retailers are slow to update transactions to allow the voucher to be valid.  Did you get PIN voucher or a Real-Time Load voucher?  The real-time load you would supply your phone number, and it would automatically be loaded to your account.  The PIN voucher is a printed code that you apply via Self-Serve or the *611.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Hey @Kirsch I had the same problem. Best advice if it is urgent buy some lower denomination vouchers and use those. 

I had/ have same issue with my $100 voucher. which was bought on expiry date.

48 hour reply time. And mod reply was  please wait 5-10 days as the teach  team will  look into it. Account went I to expired.  I ended up topping up with my credit card.

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

@Kirsch wrote:

I bought a Voucher today from Esso and when I input the PIN it says invalid. I spent 100 dollars on this voucher an cant even use it. Do I have to wait till my month is up to beable to use the Voucher or can I not top up early?

Are you sure you put in the right number from the activation receipt?

It seems to take up to 48 hours for it to be activated. (sometimes instantly) It depends on the store if they batch them all at the end of the night or if a manager has to do it, etc but I have seen it take up to 72 hours to be activated.

But no you do not have to wait for your renewal, asoon as the voucher it is activated by the store you can use it to credit your account

Need Help? Let's chat.