cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VoWifi / Text plan

neo911
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Hi,

I had couple of more questions in continuation to my earlier post about porting to PM

- Does PM allow Voice over Wifi ? Voice over LTE?

- In the 90 day plan adding text or no text has no effect on the final price. It seems PM is offering global text option for free currently. The discount amount increases so that the text plan becomes free. Is this correct or am I interpreting it incorrectly ?

Please clarify

Cheers !

4 REPLIES 4

rydeordie99
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

After manually updating my Galaxy S6 to the latest PG2 firmware, I now see HD Calling when talking to certain people. I am trying to determine if that is VoLTE or some other technology. I'm pretty sure it only shows when talking to people on Telus network including other Public Mobile users.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Actually @NDesai Telus does have some limited VoLTE in BC and Alberta, and only with the LG G4 and Samsung S6, with the latest software updates installed:  http://www.telus.com/en/bc/support/article/how-to-use-volte.  Hopefully they will roll it out to more geographic areas and handsets eventually.  On the other hand, I don't know if we've had confimation that PM customers will get access to the feature.  I believe I heard only post-paid Telus (and maybe Koodo?) subscribers can access it and not their pre-paid, so that may leave us out by default.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

neo911
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Ok. Got it. Thanks @NDesai

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

- No voice over Wi-Fi. For Voice over LTE, not at the moment. I believe whenever Telus implements this, we should get that feature. 

- Yes, that's right, no brainer to not have global texting since its free and gives you discount. 

Feel free to continue asking Qs in this same thread. No need to make another one for different Qs. 

Need Help? Let's chat.