cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Visiting Rome in the Summer...Any Data Plans Available with Public Mobile?

Riderz1337
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

As the title says I'm vising Rome in the summer and I feel like having data on my phone whilst there would be invaluable to get around and find local places to visit.

Only issue is I don't really see anything on the Public Mobile website that has data for places not in North America...Is this an option with them or do they not have anything available? 

If not, does anyone know of any place where I can get a cheap data plan to use for a week?

7 REPLIES 7

imm1304
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

That's a good one, @paulie!  Smiley Very Happy

paulie
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Or in this case when in Roam  ...  😉

imm1304

As the old saying goes, when in Rome ...

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

Always shop locally for the best options and pricing.  This is one of the reasons why dual SIM phones are so popular in other parts of the world. 

mimmo

I bought my sim card at the airport.  took < 15 minutes. all they requred was a copy of my passport.  Before i left i forwaded my PM number to a fongo number that way i woudlnt miss any calls.  and having a local sim with data  allowed me to have  PM-> fongo number  always active.

paulie
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

There is no roaming plan in europe with PublicMobile.  

Best to pick up a local sim.  TIM is popular but so is Vodafone, 3 (Tre) and Wind !

this might be helpful ... https://www.reddit.com/r/travel/comments/40hd79/best_way_to_obtain_a_sim_card_in_rome_italy/

https://community.ricksteves.com/travel-forum/italy/sim-card-for-italy

other google searches will point you to local stores (negozio). More or less convenience stores or "tobacco" stores.  

xCameron94x
Mayor / Maire
You can get cheap roaming SIM cards from roaming providers online, or hopefully a location to where you are going(a provider from Spain, ect) Just make sure that your phone is unlocked!
Need Help? Let's chat.