cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Used referral code - but no reward

tdc774
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hey I just activated a new phone for my wife. I copied and pasted the referral code into where it asked. However I am not seeing the 1 dollar discount or 10 dollar credit on either end. Does it take a few days to apply the credits? Thanks!

9 REPLIES 9

pamelafonseca
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin
I had a referral code and signed up with a plan using my code on a Friday evening and I received my $10 credit applied to my online account on the Sunday evening of that same weekend. I did not receive a text message notifying me of the credit like others have indicated. I just checked back online and it was there :cathappy:

@Lar wrote:

@tdc774  Both of you should have received a text message stating the $10 bonus or congrats on your referral bonus and it should not take days for that message to arrive. If your wife got the message and you didn't then the wrong referral code was put in place.   Cheers

Only the person who did the referring would be notified immediately and only if the activation happened between 12pm and 9pm (eastern time). If the activation is done outside of those times, that text message will not be received until12pm eastern comes around again.

As for the $10 credit for the new customer, that absolutely can take days. It is not immediate, and while it is usually in the account the next day, Public Mobille does say to wait up to 72 hours.

Scarlet
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

There's a delay, but you should see it by your next billing period. 

Lar
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@tdc774  Both of you should have received a text message stating the $10 bonus or congrats on your referral bonus and it should not take days for that message to arrive. If your wife got the message and you didn't then the wrong referral code was put in place.   Cheers

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@tdc774  If your referral code contains a zero or the letter O you need to make sure you enter it correctly otherwise it will not work.

If that is the case submit a ticket to PM and explain the situation. To submit a ticket to the Moderator Team, please start a conversation with the Public's virtual assistant, SIMon by clicking the icon below:

s.JPG

If you are still having problems contacting Public Mobile then click here. The link  sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as recipient for a private message. You just have to enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem and post. The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

Please note that account verification may be required when contacting the Moderator Team 

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@tdc774 , the $1 appears once the payment is applied to the new account and the $10 within 72 hours. Welcome to the community. 

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

The $10 credit can take up to 72 hours to arrive in their account balance.

GR
Mayor / Maire

@tdc774 yiur wife should get the 10$ in her available funds usually the next day.  You should see the 1$ in your rewards section in your self serve account right away! 

ChuckYeah
Mayor / Maire

@tdc774 Normally you see the $1 right away, but the $10 is added in up to 48 hours. Did you receive the text that you referred a friend?

Need Help? Let's chat.