cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Usage

gbocking
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I just added the 1GB add-on 2 weeks ago and I am already out of data. I haven't been using that much data (don't have Instagram, don't watch videos, etc.) and I really don't understand how it has already run out. I also don't see anything when I click on "Usage" in my account online. How do I find out why this is happening?

3 REPLIES 3

sunflowershine
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@gbocking Sometimes apps running in background that you may not even open the browser. You need to close down apps in setting. 

In order for you to have more control over you data usage, we recommend turning off data when is not needed. Also disabling Wi-Fi assist (for iPhone) or Smart network switch (for Android) to avoid the phone connects and jumps automatically from Wi-Fi to data. 

It is also recommended to restrict background data to avoid that applications connect automatically to your data and make small updates as soon as you turn it on.  

You may consider monitoring your data from the setting of your phone if you have an android (settings-data- set data limit – enter your billing cycle- your data allotment so the phones gives you a breakdown per app) .

You may also consider getting a third party application that will give you a breakdown of the usage per app, so you know what application is using your data or if it is the operating system of your phone. 

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@gbocking wrote:

I just added the 1GB add-on 2 weeks ago and I am already out of data. I haven't been using that much data (don't have Instagram, don't watch videos, etc.) and I really don't understand how it has already run out. I also don't see anything when I click on "Usage" in my account online. How do I find out why this is happening?

@gbocking  To check online go into usage history and filter by web. Another suggestion is to go into your phones data usage and see what apps were consuming most of the data. If you sync your phone's data usage with your renewal date then you will get a pretty good understanding of where your data is getting consumed.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@gbocking wrote:

Have you checked your settings to make sure that apps aren't using data in the background and aren't updating unless they are connected to wifi.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Need Help? Let's chat.