cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade Voicemail Capacity

Skydiveextreme
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

HI There, Can I purchase a bigger voicemail box?

10 messages is not enough. I need around 25+

This is a dealbreaker unfortunately and I do not want to move to another carrier just for voicemail. 

Let me know.

Thanks Guys!

James

9 REPLIES 9

Youmail and TextNow also have free voicemail services you can set your conditional call forwarding to. YouMail is nice because not only does it provide the sound file attachment by email, they also include a text transcription of the message for the first 15 per month I beleive.

@srlawren wrote:

@esjliv wrote:

hi @Skydiveextreme ,

I do not think so; as it is not stated anywhere, that i know of. But only the Moderators could verify.

@esjliv there is no need to contact the moderators; this question can and has been answered by the community.  There is no way to get additional (or less) voicemail capacity from Public Mobile.  Alternatives and workarounds have been added by other responders.

Noted @srlawren and Thanks. 

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@esjliv wrote:

hi @Skydiveextreme ,

I do not think so; as it is not stated anywhere, that i know of. But only the Moderators could verify.

@esjliv there is no need to contact the moderators; this question can and has been answered by the community.  There is no way to get additional (or less) voicemail capacity from Public Mobile.  Alternatives and workarounds have been added by other responders.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Here you go......PM is better!!!

Screen Shot 2020-10-08 at 2.46.52 PM.png

I believe we have 10 on PM?

And my Telus prepaid included 3 if I recall. 

You might have to compare with other prepaid plans but for some reason I doubt you will find better as VM is not the feature that would make a plan a winner!!! 

Based on your needs you might need a self constructed option to cover for your needs. 

RosieR
Mayor / Maire

@Skydiveextreme wrote:

HI There, Can I purchase a bigger voicemail box?

10 messages is not enough. I need around 25+

This is a dealbreaker unfortunately and I do not want to move to another carrier just for voicemail. 

Let me know.

Thanks Guys!

James

Hi @Skydiveextreme  this has been asked before and the answer at the time was

"No.  There are external voicemail services you can use though."  

e.g  forwarding your missed calls to fongo.com (free Canadian number).

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Self-Serve/Voicemail-Limit/td-p/353444

LurganIeUk
Mayor / Maire

This is odd.  I checked each plan a long time ago to see if there was a difference in your VM box. Plans were all the same in regards to how many voicemails you can have. But just now I checked the web set for plans and then looked at "Plan Details" and the only plan that I saw that says it has VM is the $15 plan. And there is no where to be found on the website nor in My Account as to how many I am allowed to have. Most of mine are spam any ways!!! My old Telus prepaid plan had options to increase your VM but not here. I will post a pic of it (Telus). 

Would you be able to improve your response time? Or do you need 24/7? If you had a time that you could forward your calls...you could get a voip.ms account and you can make them take all your VM's and you can have the recording of the VM emailed to you. 

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

@Skydiveextreme 

Here is my trick

I got a free number with fongo

I went to my calling settings and set my unanswered missed ignored unavailable calls to go to my fongo number.

I set my app to answer after one ring

I also set it to email me a copy to my voicemail

I'm on 15 plan so I don't have to call into my voicemail using up my minutes, my data is enough for it and forwarding to voicemail doesn't count against my allowance. I also get to keep important voicemails longer

Give it a try

I also use call transfer to turn my plan into unlimited

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Skydiveextreme  Unfortunately not an option to increase the size of your VM box. You can always setup forwarding to another service that will offer visual voicemail or a larger VM box.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

hi @Skydiveextreme ,

To contact the Moderator_Team, there are two ways to reach them:

1-Click the question mark on the bottom right hand side of your screen to talk to SIMon the chat bot.

esjliv_0-1602192605130.png

https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat/

OR

2-Contact the Moderator_Team via private message using this link.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.