cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to update payment information

laughing
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi there,

I'm unable to update my payment information on my account and I'm unable to submit a ticket for support. 

I'm using a credit card as my payment type - the expiry date has just passed. When I attempt to update the card information (same number, but the expiry and security code have changed), the system tells me that an error occurred and to please try again later. This has been the case for a couple of attempts over the last month.

Similarly, when I try to submit a ticket for support through the chatbot, clicking on the "submit a ticket" link provided by the bot brings me to a 404 error, page not found.

Any recommendations on how to update my payment method, or an alternative method to reach out to support?

Thanks!

8 REPLIES 8

MaChristine
  1. Same like all others, trying to update new credit card details for payment, the "complete' button is dimmed!! unable to complete the process, lol!  (PM really, is this belated Xmas bonus!! haaaa, come on fix-it and dont you dare charge us any Interest for late payment!  No fault of users!!! Feb 1 2024!

Dav265

I've had the same problem since May and have been begrudgingly using the vouchers at gas stations. CS Agent was not helpful they keep saying it's an error on my end even though I've used 5 different computers from different locations. Were you able to figure it out?

laughing

Hey esjliv,

Obviously I haven't been sitting here for a month attempting to update my payment information. I tried two or three times over a period of a month - this makes it unlikely the "lock" is a problem, as you've suggested waiting one hour between attempts to get around the lock.

Thanks for the info on alternative methods to reach out to CSA. I've already messaged them directly and I'm going to go that route.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@laughing - you have been trying for a month? I suppose there could have been some kind of lock on your account with too many failed attempts. Sometimes a wait period is needed in between multiple failed attempts with a credit card. 

Are you using desktop or mobile? Try different browsers after an hour wait from your last attempt.

For your reference,  you can use the “Get Help” section at the top of the screen above: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/ns/get-help, and in the “Start your Search here” box type 'customer support' to find two methods to Contact a Customer Support Agent (CSA) with Public Mobile.

laughing

Hey @NDesai , I gave it a try in incognito mode, but same results.

"Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later."

I'd rather avoid having to go buy vouchers from local stores, but it's good to know I have options. 

I'll reach out to CS_Agent, thanks for the tips!

laughing

Hey @dust2dust , I'm not using a mobile browser.  Thanks for suggestion, though!

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

I wonder if the app is having the same problem as using the website  on a mobile browser was. Try doing this on a non-mobile browser.

The other way is to use the private messaging system that you can find with the little envelope icon upper right next to your bicycle avatar and address it to only the name provided above by the other user.

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@laughing Have you tried logging into your self-serve account using incognito/private browsing mode? If you get an error there too, you will have to contact CS_Agent. Alternatively, you can purchase PM vouchers form local stores. 

Need Help? Let's chat.