cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to respond to automated SMS texts (banking, credit card, etc) "Not sent. Touch to try again."

BabakR
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I'm having a persistent issue with not being able to respond to special text messages received from banking inst. which require a response. For example, Canadian Tire Bank requires a response back to confirm setting up notifications via SMS and to do that, it sends me a text asking me to reply back with AGREE (to the number sending it by way of reply 683963) but when I do, I get this error message underneath the text I send:  "Not sent. Touch to try again."

This is not isolated to Canadian Tire, I'm just using them as an example. I've also had the same problem when I wanted to opt out of SMS messages from another company (Shopper's Drugmart), sending them the code to stop the flow of texts provided the same error: "Not sent. Touch to try again."

The only way I could stop it was to block their number! This has to be something related to PM, not my phone and not the institutions because it otherwise, I am able to receive and send texts without a problem. It is only these 'automated' SMS systems with short numbers like Cdn Tire's 683963 that cause this. Again, I'm able to receive but not reply to them.

It is not related to coverage or data or any such issue, I've tried with great coverage and I have more than enough data capacity to send the SMS. It has to be something on PM's end that prevents or blocks these responses.

I'm on android (oneplus). Thank you for any assistance

31 REPLIES 31

Anonymous
Not applicable

@BabakR 

you can try reseat the SIM card and Make sure your phone is off before removing your SIM card,

1. power off your device

2. take out the SIM card,

3. waiting a 1 minute,

4. put it back and power on,

5. toggling airplane mode off/on,  

and try manually selecting network "3G ONLY" or WCDMA only,

for iPhone visit Here link 

or Here link 

for android visit Here link ,

and do Rebooting your phone ,This is quick and simple,

*what is mean for Rebooting the phone means to turn off your phone and turn it back on again.

Need Help? Let's chat.