cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to receive/send picture messages (Samsung Galaxy s7)

rkdaniel
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi everyone,

Thanks in advance for your assistance.  I have recently joined PM and am having dofficulty sending/receiving picture messages.  I am able to send/receive text messages and phone calls.  I can even browse utilizing data/WiFi, and can send picture messages via WiFi.

I have attempted to navigate through previous posts regarding setting up an accurate Access Point Name.  I have a Samsung Galaxy s7 and here is what I have inputted as a new Access Point Name (these are the only rows available.  Please note there is no MMSC Proxy row available to input):

Name:  Public Mobile

APN:  sp.mb.com

Proxy:  Not set

Port:   Not set

Username:  Not set

Password:  Not set

Server:  Not set

MMSC:  http://aliasredirect.net/proxy/mb/mmsc

MMS proxy:  mmscprozy.mobility.ca

MMS port:  80

MCC:  302

MNC:  220

Authentication type:  Not set

APN type:  Not set

APN protocol:  IPv4

APN roaming protocol:  IPv4

Enable/disable APN:  APN enabled

Bearer:  Unspecified

Mobile virtual network operator type:  GID

Mobile virtual network operator value:  4D

Thanks in advance for your help.  Happy New Year.

8 REPLIES 8

bardauber
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello,

I have an new Umidigi Bison that I have put my existing sim card into.  I didn't have mobile internet or mms and tried some of the settings from a similar APN post.  The best outcome was everything worked except mms send.  I tried your settings today (the first screen shot) and I still have the same issue, cannot send images.  Any suggestions?

rkdaniel

Thanks @Jb456 for all this information and help.  Happy New Year!

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

@rkdaniel  also noticed you're a new forum user and since you had data problems I will presume you just joined.

If you haven't already done so. Don't forget to claim free holiday gifts (2 gigs data & 500 international call minutes) plus enter in Amazon draw. It ends in a few hours. All details on link below.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/More-is-Merrier-is-back-Free-gifts-for-...

Also ending in a few hours is a community contest. Link below.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Community-Holiday-Contest/m-p/628513

If you used a referral code for a $10 sign-up bonus that will be credited to your account within 72 hours.

Stay Safe!

@rkdaniel  That's a great start to the New Year 🙂.. remember data must be on to send and receive MMS. It's not counted towards your data limit.

Have a wonderful New Year!

rkdaniel

@Jb456 thank you for your assistance.  The first option did not work, but the second image worked.  I am now able to send and receive picture messages.

rkdaniel

Hello,

Forgive me for the typo in my original post.  For MMS proxy, I presently have this value entered:  mmscproxy.mobility.ca.  Please disregard my typing error, which stated, "mmscprozy.mobility.ca".

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

@rkdaniel  along with the spelling error that was mentioned by other poster.

Screenshot_20201231_185918.jpg

You don't have an APN type.

Try these.

Screenshot_20200617_075827.jpg

  

Save and reboot you should be good. If not try these 

Screenshot_20201022_040752.jpg

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@rkdaniel  Change 

MMS proxy:  mmscprozy.mobility.ca

to:

MMS proxy:  mmscproxy.mobility.ca