cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USA text without addon

hotplate
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello Im planning on going to the states and wondering if there is a fee for every one text that I recieve than to get a add on. Maybe if I get 10 texts in two weeks. Dont care if it would be 30 cents each. Tried looking with the fine print and couldnt find anything. Also what would the rate be for talk by the minute while in the usa

2 REPLIES 2

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@hotplate there are NO pay-per-use fees at Public Mobile.  For US roaming, you either have to purchase the appropriate US Roaming add-on(s) that you need or you just won't get the service.  This covers the talk portion of your questions--there is no way* to make or receive calls without the US Roaming Talk add-on, period.

The one exception to this rule is the other part of your question:  incoming text messages.  Without the need to purchase any add-on(s), you will still receive your incoming text messages, with no extra charge.  You will not be able to reply to them without purchasing the US Roaming Texting add-on (or one of the two add-on bundles that include it).

* you could make and receive phone calls using a VoIP app like Fongo, Hangouts, Skype, etc while connected to WiFi without the need to purchase any add-on(s).  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

stonechucker
Mayor / Maire

My understanding is text messages will come in without a roaming package.  You will not be able to respond, however.

There are roaming add-ons that will allow you to respond if you wish.

Need Help? Let's chat.