cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USA phone does not work

dmmotyka1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

4 REPLIES 4

If your phone is not enabled for volte then your only choice is connecting to T-Mobile and setting the network to 2G GSM. The phone might be able to do that itself in some areas but otherwise you need to set it manually. Text will work on 2G GSM but not data. If your phone has 5G then set it 4G LTE to be able to use data and text on either roaming partner. But only 2G GSM on T-Mobile for talk.

Talk doesn't actually use 5G.

dmmotyka1

Found out that Telus switched to 5G. Not all the US have done the same and are currently using VOLTE as  a cheaper option. PM and Telus seem to be oblivious of this. Older Android phone may or may not convert from the 5G to say 2G or LTE automatically in the USA. Newer phone may due this ok in

dmmotyka1

I have unlimited talk/text/ roaming Canada/ USA plan. I have no problem with texting or using data/ Internet. I have rebooted a number of time using AT&T on LTE as well as trying TMobile on 2G.

CharlieWhisky
Mayor / Maire

If you are in the US and have a add-on or Canada/US PLAN  make sure roaming is activated, try T-Mobile or AT&T. T-Mobile and reboot your phone.

Need Help? Let's chat.